Axiom Home Page
Posted By: minorc Wall plates & other accessories - 03/23/15 02:11 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering where everyone is ordering their wall plates, power bridges and other HT wiring accessories from? I'm re-doing the wiring in my room and looking for a source for these items that doesn't break the bank.

Thanks very much
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Wall plates & other accessories - 03/23/15 04:54 PM
I use monoprice.com a lot for these things.
Posted By: Newf Re: Wall plates & other accessories - 03/23/15 06:19 PM
monoprice.com if you are in the USA. infinitycables if in Canada.

I'm in Canada and I still usually get everything from monoprice as their stuff has been reliable. But our dollar sucks right now.
Posted By: MMM Re: Wall plates & other accessories - 03/23/15 06:27 PM
you can also try http://www.cablesonsale.ca/
Posted By: minorc Re: Wall plates & other accessories - 03/23/15 07:15 PM
Also, is axiom bulk speaker cable good for in-wall use? Not sure what the code is for Ontario but I have a ton of the regular stuff
Posted By: AAAA Re: Wall plates & other accessories - 03/24/15 12:10 AM
Buying wallplates online is good if you can get free shipping. It usually kills the deal otherwise. I am not a fan of monoprice. Their wallplates do not always mount up nice on standard device boxes. Had an issue with HDMI wallplates. Junk. Go to an electrical wholesaler and just get what you need at the same price with no shipping fees.

The axiom bulk speaker cable is not suitable for in wall use.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Wall plates & other accessories - 03/24/15 02:57 AM
I got most of my plates, wiring ect through Provo Wire in Vaughan(Ont). My buddy has an account there and gets excellent prices from them(they don't sell to the public), roughly half what many retail stores sell at. Canada computers has some decent prices on sub and hdmi cables.

You need In-wall rated wire...best to try an electrical supplier for it...for me that would be a place like Provo Wire or Hudco Electric Supply.
Posted By: OhioKyle Re: Wall plates & other accessories - 03/24/15 10:00 AM
I got many of my wallplates and jacks from onestopbuy. Not the cheapest but they had a great selection if you need a hard to find item. Almost all my cable came from blue jeans cable.
Posted By: minorc Re: Wall plates & other accessories - 03/26/15 02:34 PM
I ended up using cablesonsale, great selection and prices.
Now to figure out paint color..

Thanks all
© Axiom Message Boards