Axiom Home Page
Posted By: GWiederhoft EP350 v3 Subwoofers - 03/27/15 10:27 PM
Back in 2011, I bought an EP350 v3 subwoofer. My AVR supports dual subs and I happened to see an EP350 v3 on CAM. It looked and sounded good but when I got it home, I noticed that it isn't the same as the one I already have. The "old" one says "Stock" on the rear label and the "new" one says "millennia". I can't find any info on millennia EP350's on the website. Can anyone clue me in?

Thanks,
Gary
Posted By: bridgman Re: EP350 v3 Subwoofers - 03/27/15 11:32 PM
Millenia sounds like it comes from the same timeframe as my M2's, maybe ~10 years ago ?

IIRC there are basically three generations of EP350 :

- "original" with round ports and fairly small enclosure
- v3 with rectangular port and larger enclosure
- v4 which I *think* has gone back to round ports, not sure about enclosure size but probably larger

Guessing yours fits the "original" description ?

You could probably ping Axiom with the serial number and get more info.
Posted By: GWiederhoft Re: EP350 v3 Subwoofers - 03/28/15 12:44 PM
Bridgman, thanks for your reply. Both subs have large enclosures with a rectangular port on the bottom of the front. And the labels both state EP350 v3 but the electronics and connections are not the same. I assumed all v3's would be the same as I was looking to match the subs.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: EP350 v3 Subwoofers - 03/28/15 02:36 PM
Yeah, the v3s went through a lot of amp changes. I've had several of them in mine...
Posted By: GWiederhoft Re: EP350 v3 Subwoofers - 03/29/15 12:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
Yeah, the v3s went through a lot of amp changes. I've had several of them in mine...

Right; that explains it. Thanks Ken.
© Axiom Message Boards