Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Murph Quick answer needed - Anyone used these - 05/15/15 12:43 PM
My in wall HDMI cable to my projector seems to have developed some flaky sync problems. In tests with the projector taken down and using a shorter cable it works fine.

During install I ran a pair of CAT6 through the conduit, just in case. I was thinking about trying a CAT5/6 HDMI extender and came across a couple of ones built into wall plates, which would be nice and tidy, but reviews are mixed.

Sample link

I don't need audio or the IR repeater.

Thoughts?
Posted By: mrspeeed Re: Quick answer needed - Anyone used these - 05/15/15 03:00 PM
I've not tried the wallplate version but I have one of monoprice's earlier standard hdmi over 1 cat 5 cable extenders. I had this running from Zone 4 on my Denon 4520 to a TV outdoors (salt air environment)and it worked perfectly.
Posted By: AAAA Re: Quick answer needed - Anyone used these - 05/15/15 06:35 PM
Dont use those!! I used those exact ones and it boned an install for me and made me look like an idiot. They would not pass over 480p at 30'. And, they do not mount up to standard single gang boxes or data rings.

I eventually used powered hdmi-cat 5 baluns. Way better but cost 100$.
Posted By: AAAA Re: Quick answer needed - Anyone used these - 05/15/15 06:45 PM
Video pros would have them or call Hirtles. Hirtles has access to waay more products and an experienced staff. If you want a hand let me know. smile I'm in the CH'town area.
Posted By: Murph Re: Quick answer needed - Anyone used these - 05/19/15 04:09 PM
Thanks all!!

My plan was to decide if I would order something Friday at the latest as I had a limited time opportunity for a deal for a 30' HDMI cable from a friend who just ripped up his HT to turn it into workout room after flood damage from the first big snow melt.

I got too nervous as I typically over research everything and hadn't looked into these much at all, so I bought the dirt cheap cable. I still have the CAT6 if it doesn't work out.

Thanks for the offer Serenity.
Posted By: AAAA Re: Quick answer needed - Anyone used these - 05/19/15 04:15 PM
Anytime. smile. Glad you're sorted.
© Axiom Message Boards