Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Premo Speaker connections - 09/14/15 04:51 PM
I would like to know how Mr.Dek Spoon connected those 17 speakers to the 8801 processor.
I am presently building a theatre room and would like to go just a little further. I would like to have L/R, main, 2 centre, 4 front heights, 6 surround, 2 rear height, 1 v.o.g. for aura 3d,and 4 ceiling for dolby atmos, although I would love to put six pieces in the ceiling.
Marantz av 8802a processor.
Too many sleepless nights trying to figure this out.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Posted By: AAAA Re: Speaker connections - 09/14/15 07:21 PM
Assuming you arent trolling.....

You need to look at pro speaker matrixing options. The 8802 is only 13.2 channel capable. The only option I see is to connect some channels in parallel, and splitting the signal with a y-style adapter.

This system sounds a little ridiculous. Best of luck to you. Why dont you ask Mr. Dek Spoon how he did it?
Posted By: Premo Re: Speaker connections - 09/14/15 11:44 PM
I am hoping Mr. Dek Spoon would reply. I have a 7 channel amp. which is biwire, I am not sure if I can split the channels on this particular amp. Then there is a 5 channel, and three 2 channels, of which I am hoping to use just one of the 2 channel amp for the main.
Thanks for the info.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Speaker connections - 09/14/15 11:49 PM
Looks like that dude posted exactly twice, so I wouldn't expect a reply. In any case, his system wasn't all that outlandish; he just had an extra pair of surrounds (which he could have been running as heights or wides, can't tell from the pics). What you are proposing is much more grand--I'd guess you'll need to be splitting your inputs into multiple amps somehow (and I'm not sure how you might do that without losing signal from your preamps).

EDIT: Also, he didn't have 17 speakers connected to his preamp--a lot of those are outdoor speakers, most likely on a separate system or at least in a separate zone. There are only 9 indoor speakers+2 subs. (Only!)
Posted By: Premo Re: Speaker connections - 09/15/15 12:16 AM
I thought he was running all of the speakers from the 8801
Preamp.
Thanks for the reply.
© Axiom Message Boards