Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Stereoguy99 My Speakers are on the way!!! - 03/30/16 04:31 AM
Hi: My M80's ver.3 from the refurb store are on the way should be here in London Weds. looking forwad to hearing the difference in sound compared to my 60ti's!!!Will report back in the next few days hoping for a noticeable difference in SQ!!!!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: My Speakers are on the way!!! - 03/30/16 12:40 PM
Congratulations!

Although, I don't think that you will hear any difference in "sound quality" (both products are very good sounding), the M80s can go a bit deeper, and can handle more power.

You should experience a greater sense of sound "volume" both in dB as well as spaciousness.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: My Speakers are on the way!!! - 03/30/16 01:13 PM
Hasn't there been a description of "smoother midrange" from the Ti's to the V3s as well?
Posted By: nickbuol Re: My Speakers are on the way!!! - 03/30/16 03:34 PM
Originally Posted By MarkSJohnson
Hasn't there been a description of "smoother midrange" from the Ti's to the V3s as well?

Good point. I didn't realize that it was as Ti to V3 upgrade (knew that he bought V3 obviously, just didn't know where he was starting).
Posted By: Mojo Re: My Speakers are on the way!!! - 03/30/16 05:30 PM
You've spoiled the experiment by telling him what to expect to hear. Now of course he will hear exactly what you told him smile.
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Re: My Speakers are on the way!!! - 03/30/16 06:11 PM
"You've spoiled the experiment by telling him what to expect to hear. Now of course he will hear exactly what you told him"

Don't worry these ARE the speakers I'm looking for!!!! grin Like Alan & I talked about the 80's are much smoother sounding & a bit more revealing too as when I switch between different recordings I notice the better the quality of the recording the better the speakers sound....over a noticeable upgrade over my 60ti's(which were pretty good to begin with) a happy camper Debbie was a pleasure to deal with through the whole process too!!!!
Posted By: BobKay Re: My Speakers are on the way!!! - 03/30/16 07:28 PM
We all knew you'd like 'em! Besides, a lot of people here are getting older and their memories are fading. They think it went from ti to V3. Maybe it was due to repression, since they shared a name with Nazi technology, but there were V2's, ya know. And for a while.

Look, I'm just a geek-geek, not an a.v geek. Stop saddling me with these archivist responsibilities!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: My Speakers are on the way!!! - 03/30/16 07:44 PM
Originally Posted By Mojo
You've spoiled the experiment by telling him what to expect to hear. Now of course he will hear exactly what you told him smile.

Oh crap, you are right....

Dang it.
© Axiom Message Boards