Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Nachosgrande Acoustically Transparent Screens - 05/11/16 03:56 PM
Looking to upgrade my HT, but keep my Axioms in current location, adding a 106" screen which is acoustically transparent.

Can anyone recommend one that is motorized/tensioned and not ridiculously priced (if possible)?

Thanks...
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Acoustically Transparent Screens - 05/11/16 04:52 PM
Most people go with fixed frame screens for AT setups, so finding ones that are retractable may be less common and more difficult to locate. Sorry I don't have more information. I would just be hitting up Google to research it, and honestly, anyone can do that.
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: Acoustically Transparent Screens - 05/11/16 07:02 PM
Elite Screens and Seymour both have retractable AT screens from $1000-$1400. I'm hoping someone here could provide any experience with these or similar?
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Acoustically Transparent Screens - 05/11/16 09:29 PM
I have a Seymour XD fixed frame screen and love it. Their screen material (including their 4K stuff) is generally considered to be top notch for AT screens. I just can't speak to the retractable screen mechanisms or tensioners.
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: Acoustically Transparent Screens - 07/06/16 02:21 PM
Is your screen AT? Can you comment on sound and screen quality (any effects noticeable?)
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Acoustically Transparent Screens - 07/06/16 04:26 PM
Yes. The Seymour screen that I have IS AT. I love it, but don't take my word for it, just search the internet and you will see that it gets great reviews for quality of material, image, and sound.

I *HATE* to link to Audioholics, but these first link was the first review I got back from Google:
(I used a single line quote from the review as the link name)

The Seymour AV screen has not only prove...nd usage above.
OK. It truncated the link name, it should have read "The Seymour AV screen has not only proved itself visually, but also audibly in the testing and usage above."

No corrective EQ required

Other searching is up to you... wink
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Acoustically Transparent Screens - 07/30/16 02:02 AM
Seymour Butts?
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Acoustically Transparent Screens - 07/30/16 02:36 PM
Ha.
© Axiom Message Boards