Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mhorgel Happy Birthday To Me - 10/06/03 04:42 PM
Well, I did it.

Based on the opinions of those many of you with Hsu VTF-2's, I ordered mine just now. My birthday is Wednesday, but I doubt I will get it that quickly. By this weekend, though, I will be rattling the walls of my home, ticking off my wife, impressing my teenage children, and scaring the cats with a new subwoofer! Woo-Hoo!

Now I have to figure out how I'm going to scrape up the money for that Denon DVD-2900!

Mark
Posted By: sushi Re: Happy Birthday To Me - 10/06/03 05:07 PM
Happy birthday, Mark!

But I will tell you upfront, a correctly calibrated, high-quality subwoofer may not necessarily impress teenagers, unless they already have some experience as a budding audiophile.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Happy Birthday To Me - 10/06/03 05:38 PM
Perhaps not with music, but it should with movies!

btw...buy a DVD-2900 from an authorized Denon dealer online, and you can get factory refurbs with full warantee for about $600-700. Check the denon website for a list of authorized e-sellers. Check each one, because their prices vary a bit.
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Happy Birthday To Me - 10/06/03 05:43 PM
I think they'll be impressed the first time I play the THX logo at high volume. I am trying to teach them right.

Mark
Posted By: johnbasham Re: Happy Birthday To Me - 10/06/03 05:44 PM
congrats to you Mark, the VTF-2 is awesome.
Posted By: sushi Re: Happy Birthday To Me - 10/06/03 05:58 PM
True... Somehow I completely forgot about something called movie above. HAHAHA...
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Happy Birthday To Me - 10/06/03 06:54 PM
How could you forget with that giant screen you're always bragging about?
Posted By: sushi Re: Happy Birthday To Me - 10/06/03 07:36 PM
Well... My head is doing too much multi-processing...
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Happy Birthday To Me - 10/07/03 02:56 AM
I got my shipping confirmation from Hsu...My VTF-2 arrives on Friday! I will be literally counting the hours until then, feeling like a kid on Christmas eve night!

Mark
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Happy Birthday To Me - 10/14/03 02:31 AM
Happy Birthday to you.
© Axiom Message Boards