Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ddirado Impossible! - 10/11/03 06:49 AM
I'm the kinda guy who goes thru a lot of stuff, early adopter, innovator type. New cell phones, pda's, laptops, etc... I got lots of toys and I am always looking for ways to improve them. But upgraditis after 3 months of m22s, vp100, and qs4's is non existent. I like em that much. So, if your on the edge and looking for a reason to purchase, here it is.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Impossible! - 10/11/03 08:24 AM
Same here! I've got M22s and the VP100. I've somehow managed to ignore all those glowing posts about the VP150.

If I do upgrade my speakers, the surrounds (Cambridge Soundworks) will be the first to go.
Posted By: littleb Re: Impossible! - 10/11/03 09:43 AM
I assume that the VP100 is better than advertised?
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Impossible! - 10/11/03 11:28 AM
May I introduce you to the Parasound Halo? I won't link it because doing so would require that I see the site which isn't something I'm willing to do at the moment. Google is your friend.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Impossible! - 10/11/03 06:40 PM
I dunno. I'm sure the VP150 is a better center channel, but I have no complaints with my VP100. It replaced a Paradigm CC350, which was a larger (and more expensive) speaker. The VP100 noticeably trounced it in performance and clarity.
Posted By: littleb Re: Impossible! - 10/11/03 10:45 PM
I guess that will be a future purchase, then.
Posted By: ddirado Re: Impossible! - 10/12/03 07:38 AM
You had to go and bring up the parasound halo. I should refrase my previous post, I have no urge to upgrade within my budget, I still have dream gear.
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Impossible! - 10/12/03 03:23 PM
same for me on the upgraditis,i no longer spend time looking for a better sounding speaker(wich used to be kinda fun for me) because there is no speaker that i have found that touches the m80s near their price range.i will try looking in a couple of years..thanks for ruining my fun axiom...ron
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Impossible! - 10/13/03 04:34 AM
Once you've achieved the level of performance that Axiom speakers deliver at their price points, you'd have to significantly increase your budget to noticeably surpass that performance. The law of diminishing returns is a serious problem for high-end speaker manufacturers. The more money you spend, it seems, the less each additional dollar buys you.
© Axiom Message Boards