Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jopster Denon 1804 - 10/14/03 02:25 AM
I'm looking at getting a Denon 1804 receiver to drive the Epic 60 Home Threatre system, however, I read a review that said setting up the Denon was a nightmare. Anyone out there have experience with the 1804 or Denon in general or comments about how the 1804 matches up with the Epic 60 system. Thanks for any input.
Posted By: snippy Re: Denon 1804 - 10/14/03 02:40 AM
Uh, I have had two Denon recievers in my life and they are not hard to set up at all. Some of the Yamaha and Pioneer recievers are able to do some set up on their own, which is nice, but the Denon's are not difficult to set up in any way. You may need an Spl meter though. I have never needed one, but some people say they are invaluable to set up the sound feild.
Posted By: koiman Re: Denon 1804 - 10/14/03 02:49 AM
I have a Denon 3803 and it was a snap to setup. You do need a spl meter to do the best job of setting up your speakers.
Posted By: sushi Re: Denon 1804 - 10/14/03 04:20 AM
What the heck is that system you own, Lee??? -- A 9.1?!?!
Posted By: duffin Re: Denon 1804 - 10/14/03 04:08 PM
I've got the Denon 1803. Piece of cake.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Denon 1804 - 10/14/03 04:21 PM
Just got a Denon 1804 a few weeks back. It was not any more difficult to set up than any other similar product would be. Plug the stuff in, go through the menus/manual, enjoy. (Dang - there was supposed to be a beer in there somewhere too...). You might try checking out the manual from their website - fish around at www.usa.denon.com to find it. Check out manuals from other manufacturers to compare the relative differences in set up.

I'm very happy with the phono input, on-screen display, zone 2 capabilities, 7.1, overall build quality and especially the sound. The remote is not inducing a happy dance, however. It's not horrible, and probably no worse than comparable remotes bundled with receivers, but did not mitigate the proliferation of such devices. Another thread.

Denon makes good stuff. No worries.
© Axiom Message Boards