Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Benicar Subwoofers - 04/01/17 06:55 PM
Looking for some input from the forum. I have a dedicated theater room. Have just upgraded front speaker to M100s, center speaker to the VP180 and have the new QS10s on order. I have two of the old EP500s (eight years old). My question is it worth upgrading to the new EP500 sub-woofers. The sub-woofers sound good and I don't know if there would be that much of an improvement in the sound. Any and all thoughts welcomed.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Subwoofers - 04/01/17 07:18 PM
By upgrading we get your old subs....win win. Lol.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Subwoofers - 04/01/17 07:23 PM
The new one is sealed so it will sound tighter due to less distortion - and no port chuffing. I believe it reaches a bit lower too. The new ones don't have a brick wall filter above the cross-over frequency so they integrate better with the rest of the speakers. Yours might not have a brick wall filter either. I can't remember when Axiom changed this aspect of the response curve. As to whether or not you will hear a difference, it depends on how discerning a listener you are.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Subwoofers - 04/02/17 01:15 AM
That brick wall came out v2 I believe.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Subwoofers - 04/02/17 06:05 AM
Just picked up an EP400 (V1 I think) for $130. Using it with an EP500V4 in a 7.2 system. I like it. The two get along very well together.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Subwoofers - 04/02/17 02:32 PM
Originally Posted By TroyD
That brick wall came out v2 I believe.

I mean it was removed in v2 .....lol
© Axiom Message Boards