Axiom Home Page
I saw some m60's popped up in the outlet for $720 US. I have been interested in these for a while, but cant really decide if they would be for me or not. I have a pair fo m22's and am very happy with them...but ol upgraditis is an evil temptress.

So I have a question for everyone: When factoring in price, which is the better speaker, the m60 or m22?

It seems the m22 is the poster child for axiom. You see the most glowing reviews for it. Since I love my m22's, I am hesitant to give them up. My American "Bigger IS Better" attitude is pulling me towards the m60's though.

Rest of the system is as follows:
Pioneer Elite vsx-41
vp150
(2) QS8's
SVS 25-31pci

Thanks for the help!
-Marcus

I was in the same exact boat as you. I had (and loved) my M22's. But that nasty upgrade bug kept at me.

I now own M60ti's and don't regret my choice a bit. Take EVERYTHING you love about the M22's and imagine it bigger and better.

Better dispersion
Deeper bass (but just as tight)
An almost 3 dimensional soundstage - really full!
They play louder without strain
Clarity like I've never heard in a tower

The ONLY reason I'd suggest you stick with your M22's is if you're going to put the M60's in a small room, and you have no intention of ever playing them loud (80db +).

If you can give them a little room to breathe (sit at least 10-12' away), and you like to turn them up on ocassion, don't hesitate - grab those outlet M60's now!

Well, I am in an apartment currently, and my room is 12'x14'. I sit approximately 9 ft away from my m22's now.

When my current lease is up (still a ways off), I think it will be time to get into a house, where HOPEFULLY I will have a room dedicated to the home theater (it is currently a computer room/bar/home theater now).

That is one of my concerns with the m60's, putting them in this small room. So I am trying to tell myself to wait...but BIGGER IS BETTER!
well heck. be a real american and just get the M80's!

lol.

If you dont, the terrorists win.

(im soo sick of hearing that)
thanks for the advice Haoleb. If nothing else, I had a good laugh from that.
When is your lease up?

My guess is when it comes time for you to move into new place, spiffnme will be ready to upgrade again, and you can get a good deal on his M60's.

-curtis
Har Har...
M80's .. I thought you guys were waiting for the M90's.
WHAT?!! There's gonna be M90's?!
There already are! See Amie's post in Completely Off Topic.
© Axiom Message Boards