Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MrD smaall poping sound when change channels - 10/19/03 11:48 PM
when i change tv channels it makes small poping sound ,just got a adcom 555 amp on ebay .that is what is making the sound just wondering if there is anything that i could do about it [filter or something]
I hear TONS of people complaining about "popping" when chancing channels or even just changing sources. Just wonderng why it bothers people so much. My setup does it as well, but it certainly is minor, and doesn't bother me. It doensn't happen DURING playback, only at the switch.

Just curious.
Posted By: MrD Re: smaall poping sound when change channels - 10/19/03 11:54 PM
not bother that much just wonder if it could be stoped ,much like the extra power
Maybe it can be stopped, maybe not. The best bet is to be sure you are doing all you can to stop outside interference from creeping in (rf stops, RCA caps, line conditioner, etc.) but then it still may exist. However those little pops won't hurt you system if that is what you are worried about. Also try playing around with you setup, you may be able to remedy it just by turning the TV speakers off. Like I said though, I wouldn't worry too much and just enjoy it.
Posted By: amer Re: smaall poping sound when change channels - 10/20/03 07:32 PM
I got an Adcom GFA-555 that does the same thing, except mine does it when I change in CD's. Not a big deal, and I can live with it as I love the way the triple 5 drives the M80's over just having my receiver drive those bad boys.
I had the same problem with my new Axioms and Denon receiver. I found the problem was caused by a (A.C.) ground loop. The HSU VTF-2 amplifier uses a 3-prong grounded cord, the receiver only a 2-prong,ungrounded cord. With the LFE cable connected to the subwoofer, you're effectively grounding the receiver through the sub. Try using a 3 to 2 prong "cheater". It eliminated the problem for me. Good luck!
Posted By: sushi Re: smaall poping sound when change channels - 10/30/03 10:34 PM
I also own an Adcom GFA-555II, but do not get any noise when switching sources/channels. The only time the amp generates small "pops" is ~10 sec after its power is turned off and the power capacitor is being discharged (the amp does not have an automatic muting mechanism like a majority of latest amps).
© Axiom Message Boards