Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Gr8_White_North M3 In Ceilings - 01/15/18 03:23 AM
Who has them and how do you like them, do you feel they offer adequate dispersion. If you had something else and replaced them with M3's i would like to hear your thoughts.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: M3 In Ceilings - 01/15/18 02:36 PM
I have on-wall M3s that I turned into on-ceiling M3s, they work great for Atmos/DTS:X, but aren't the exact same beast that the in-ceiling ones are. I just wanted to at least respond since my setup is similar to the question anyway.
Posted By: michael_d Re: M3 In Ceilings - 01/22/18 02:44 AM
I have a set in my garage. They sound way too good for a garage. Very impressive for what they are, and where they are mounted.
Posted By: gearcruncher Re: M3 In Ceilings - 01/30/18 06:41 PM
I am also looking at the in ceiling M3,s for my Atmos set up as I am trying to maintain timbre matching .
I see other brands of in ceiling speakers offer a rotational tweeter to get the highs pointed directly at the listener .
Not saying that the M3,s wont do the job with the fixed positioning of the tweeter , but i am wondering just how important this rotating tweeter is .
On another note : I guess I will be selling my pair of Q8,s unless i can figure out how to get them to fire directional as recommended by Dolby
Posted By: brwsaw Re: M3 In Ceilings - 01/30/18 07:25 PM
Pretty sure the inceiling has a pivoting tweeter.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: M3 In Ceilings - 01/30/18 08:46 PM
Yes the in ceiling tweeter does pivot but not sure how much. i have read that 30 degrees is ideal and some only go 15 degrees. Also i dont think timber match is essential for the kind of sound that will come from overhead. I have M2's for surrounds to replace the QS8s but i am going to try them first since i spent a boat load of cash on them/.
Posted By: Dundas Re: M3 In Ceilings - 01/31/18 04:03 AM
Originally Posted By Socketman
Yes the in ceiling tweeter does pivot but not sure how much. i have read that 30 degrees is ideal and some only go 15 degrees.

I measure up to 20 degrees of adjustment on the M3 In-Ceiling.
Another advantage of the Axioms is their closed back acoustic suspension design which in addition to the potential sound quality benefits is also helpful for sound isolation from adjacent living spaces or protecting from dust and dirt in attic space installations.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: M3 In Ceilings - 01/31/18 04:19 AM
Yes those are definitely solid benefits of the Axioms over other brands and i do advocate for building backer boxes if you by open backed speakers. Also remember that nothing under about 100hz is going to be played.I have looked at other speakers but i will probly get Axioms in the end if for nothing else than continuity of brand.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: M3 In Ceilings - 01/31/18 06:15 AM
I really think the in-ceiling deserves its own link in the products/browse by catagory tab.
Personally, I can't wait to own a room with a object based speaker layout.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: M3 In Ceilings - 02/02/18 04:31 PM
I put 4 in my ceiling awhile back, OMG, unbelievable for ATMOS or even non ATMOS signals that my Anthem makes use of..The adjustable tweeter is awesome.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: M3 In Ceilings - 02/02/18 06:34 PM
This is what i want to hear Sir . 4 of them is a lot of money may have to get 2 at a time or wait for a sale. Super Bowl sale or Stanley Cup smile
Posted By: brwsaw Re: M3 In Ceilings - 02/02/18 07:46 PM
Originally Posted By brwsaw
I really think the in-ceiling deserves its own link in the products/browse by catagory tab.
Personally, I can't wait to own a room with a object based speaker layout.

Either I missed it before or its been changed recently...
© Axiom Message Boards