Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Dundas LFR108 Omnidirectional Center Channel Speaker - 04/06/18 09:07 PM
I see that the LFR180 has bee added to the product page without an announcement of any kind from Axiom !?

It will be interesting to hear comments from any 3rd party when they get a chance to hear it.

What do Axiom think about using it with regular front firing M80s in a home theater?

btw, the customize yours on it's product page does not allow you to configure it with high power drivers.
No announcement because Ian isn't really running an internet-direct speaker company; that's just a front. He's really conducting social experiments.

It comes with high powered drivers.
I just realized that you select high power on the main page not under customize yours so I was wrong, the choice is there.
Ian probably didn't want Alan to see it smile

LFR180

Note Ian's comments on the following page though. Next time I have time to play with audio I *really* need to try some LFR's.
Ha, ha, good one, Bridgman.

I'd forgotten about the rant I posted when Axiom announced the LFR omnnidirectional center channel. Given the great success that Andrew achieved with Axiom's LFR omni main channels, I'm sure the use of the separate front and rear amplification and processing, as Ian explained, will work as effectively with a center channel.

Alan
I was lucky enough to be in the 'kitchen' at Axiom while Ian was working on the DSP recipe for this speaker. It sounded excellent! In fact, Ian sent me in blind to listen to it, and I thought I was listening to a really good stereo pair until I was told afterwards that it was actually just one speaker!

I'm really excited to hear this now that the recipe has been fully perfected!
© Axiom Message Boards