Axiom Home Page
Posted By: topr new sub...diminishing returns?? - 11/03/03 07:01 PM
Well its been almost a year since any kind of an upgrade and the withdrawls are setting in. I have been considering a new HSU sub. Currently I have an older Paradigm PS1000(about 9 years old) and have had no complaints, Its plenty loud enough but I wonder if a new HSU would improve my system "musically", or would it be diminishing returns. I have the M22's, vp150, and QS4's. Let me also say I have an older house with wooden floors, i.e., a bright room.
Posted By: sushi Re: new sub...diminishing returns?? - 11/03/03 07:08 PM
I would go ahead and try a Hsu. Just find out the approximate return shipping cost beforehand, for the unlikely event that you decide it isn't for you.

Please make sure you come back and report your impressions here -- side-by-side comparisons for subwoofers are always rare and valuable.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: new sub...diminishing returns?? - 11/03/03 07:20 PM
I'm getting tired of saying this, but...

I agree with Sushi. 100%

Posted By: pmbuko Re: new sub...diminishing returns?? - 11/03/03 07:44 PM
Sushi's brain operates within minisculely fine error tolerances. The probability of one of his posts or opinions leading you down the wrong path is 1 in 8,483,995.39 +/- 20 (and yes, I've taken into account variances due to changes in the lunar phase).

For simplicity's sake, I refer to this as The Sushi Factor and express it as a rounded ratio of 1:8.5 million.
Posted By: topr Re: new sub...diminishing returns?? - 11/03/03 08:19 PM
I think I'll give it a go. I know its a better sub and the technology has to have improved in the last 9 years. I'm also hopeful that having side ports instead of rear ports will tame some of the boominess. I only have a few placement choices and both are near a wall
© Axiom Message Boards