Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 2x6spds WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/06/20 08:00 PM
My friends, fellow survivors of the Wuhan Plague, especially those of you with LFR1100 Actives, want to hear something that will absolutely blow your minds and make you so happy that you have a pair?

Go get you Nils Lofgren Band Live, pluck the second disc from the case, select track 9, "Bass and Drum Intro," crank it up and be prepared to experience JOY! I assure you, you will grin like a chimp. Stand back!

The chills you WILL experience will probably not be from COVID19, but rather from the sonic explosion of percussive bliss.

ENJOY THE MUSIC!
Posted By: Curved Air Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 03:41 AM
Loved it!!!

Thanks for sharing this
Posted By: Mojo Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 02:49 PM
That's a great find. I'm listening to it on my 2.2, M2OW/crappy Sony/crappy yammy living room system. I have a 140 degree wall-to-wall soundstage. The low notes are not as articulate as they should be but I'll eventually fix that with dual 500s. Nonetheless, I am enjoying it very much.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 03:06 PM
Hello Curved Air
What system did you use to listen to this cut?

Tex, my twin EP500, SVS, Velodyne 4 sub array in my upstairs home theater system has revealed structural deficiencies in the floor structure of my bedroom. I'll reduce the volume on the subs and hope that my upstairs stays put.

Axiom may have to include a warning with their subs, "CAUTION, SUSTAINED USE AT HIGH VOLUME SETTINGS MAY RESULT IN STRUCTURAL DAMAGE TO YOUR LISTENING ENVIRONMENT."
Posted By: Curved Air Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 04:45 PM
That would be Actives, 2 x ADA1250-5 and music streamed from Qobuz.
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 06:26 PM
With that track in mind you might also enjoy a bass player by the name of Dean Peer.
I really like his bass from the album UCross especially the track Lords Tundra!
Excellent bass !
Jeff
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 07:42 PM
I will check it out Jeff. Thank you.

Nice rig Mr. Curved Air!
Posted By: Mojo Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 09:08 PM
That Nils Lofgren piece on the actives sounds like the band is right in front of me. Without the 500s to support the actives below 40Hz, I am sure the HP woofers would have ripped out of the surrounds at the volume I was playing it. I have some serious air movement taking place at 15 feet away!

I love this on my M2OW as much as the actives. I can enjoy it on both. I am a very fortunate man thanks to Axiom science and engineering.
Posted By: Mojo Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 09:16 PM
Active owners, if you want to watch some lovely pyrotechnics, connect the mid-woofer cables to the tweeters. I checked my wiring 5 times and still got it wrong. I could see the corona behind the tweeter domes. frown
Posted By: Mojo Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 09:21 PM
Dean Peer stuff is very well recorded.
Posted By: Mojo Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 09:23 PM
It actually sounds better than live.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 09:52 PM
Originally Posted By Mojo
That Nils Lofgren piece on the actives sounds like the band is right in front of me. Without the 500s to support the actives below 40Hz, I am sure the HP woofers would have ripped out of the surrounds at the volume I was playing it. I have some serious air movement taking place at 15 feet away!

I love this on my M2OW as much as the actives. I can enjoy it on both. I am a very fortunate man thanks to Axiom science and engineering.

Happy is the man with a grateful heart.
Posted By: rrlev Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 10:05 PM
Originally Posted By Mojo
It actually sounds better than live.

Have you done an blind A/B comparison?
Posted By: Mojo Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 10:22 PM
I can't do a proper test. I don't have a snot rag to cover my ears.

I find live wreaks havoc with the audio and I am sure I am not alone. Acoustic and jazz appears to be OK the majority of the time.
Posted By: rrlev Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 10:23 PM
I took this picture from an article on the promotion of the Edison phonograph (Floyd Toole also used it in his talk for CIRMMT) ... check it out ... kind of fun.

http://santarosahistory.com/wordpress/2019/06/why-that-sounds-too-good-to-be-true/

The part I like is that Edison hired singers who could mimic how they sounded on the recordings for these tests
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 10:56 PM
Edison is yucky. Tesla is cool.

9 out of 10 Electricians choose Tesla.

Joking aside. Now I gotta try this track.... cool post. smile
Posted By: Mojo Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 11:22 PM
I wanna go out and play. I'm sick of this quarantine crap. I'm really going bat-shit crazy over here!
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/07/20 11:51 PM
Make snow angels in the gravel.

Damn I miss brown spring in Calgary.
Posted By: bman84 Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/08/20 12:08 AM
Great track! I first listened on headphones (blah) and was underwhelmed. Then again in my basement... whoa! Can't wait till I have the house to myself so I can really crank it.
Posted By: craigsub Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/13/20 12:39 PM
Ordered the disc last night - looking forward to having fun with it!
Posted By: Kodiak Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/14/20 06:52 AM
That’s a crazy coincidence. I found that track on Spotify just “surfing around” a few weeks ago. It’s a great track!!! Good find!
I have no clue who Nils is or how I ended up finding it but you are correct, it’s a great track! Must be killer on the LFR Actives!
Posted By: Verlo Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/16/20 01:12 PM
Sounds really great! Thank you! My property in Germany filled up with joy now because of Bass and Drum Intro, amazing
Posted By: Mojo Re: WANNA BLOW YOUR MIND? - 04/17/20 09:09 PM
Tell Angela Merkel about that tune. Maybe she'll get filled with joy and crack a smile.
© Axiom Message Boards