Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bjkramer Time to Upgrade - 11/25/20 03:07 AM
Hello all,
I’m looking to upgrade my Axiom set up that I’ve had for around 15 years now. I currently have M22 fronts,
VP150 center and 3 QS8 surrounds. Receiver is a Denon AVR2400. TV is a 65” Sony XBR x900. Also have an SVS PB-12 Plus to shake things up a bit. I’d like to move to on wall speakers. Fronts will be 6-7 feet apart, maybe a little more if i upgrade to a 77” TV.
Seating is 12 feet away in a relaxed slouch position. Overall room dimensions are 21’ L x 15”w. Ceiling is 13 feet at its highest point.
Aesthetically, I’ve always admired the rectangular shape of the M22. I’ve had my eye on the VP180OW in the refurb store, however the walnut with caramel stain is really nice.
Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated. I’d share a picture of the space I am describing but the Luddite in me can’t seem to figure out how to add an image.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Bill
Posted By: Mojo Re: Time to Upgrade - 11/25/20 03:32 AM
What is lacking with your current set-up besides on-walls?
Posted By: bman84 Re: Time to Upgrade - 11/25/20 03:34 AM
Hey Bill, I'd recommend the M5's and VP160 or VP180 for that space. On-walls look and sound great. Check out the gallery section of this forum (I just posted pics of M5OW with a VP160).

You may want to opt for some external amplification if your Denon has pre-outs.
Posted By: bjkramer Re: Time to Upgrade - 11/25/20 04:42 AM
My current set up has served me well. I’d like a bit more clarity out of the center channel. That and a desire for change i guess. The width of the VP 160 took up the entire space between the TV and an audio cabinet underneath. Everything looked crowded and distracting. I might have the same issue with the M5 on the sides, particularly if i move up a TV size. I put a picture up in the gallery for a visual perspective.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Time to Upgrade - 11/25/20 04:50 AM
Bill, I can't see your image in the gallery. Many of us use this site for images: https://postimages.org/
Posted By: bjkramer Re: Time to Upgrade - 11/25/20 02:02 PM
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Mojo Re: Time to Upgrade - 11/26/20 03:36 AM
Sweet. M5OW for sure.

Not sure you need a center given your listening distance and separation of your fronts.

Punt the center and QS8s for QS10. Maybe only two QS10? Is the 3rd QS8 behind you? Can you hear it doing anything?

You'll have a big upgrade with M5 and QS10.
© Axiom Message Boards