Axiom Home Page
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Crown Amplifiers - 12/02/21 10:25 AM
Anyone here use crown xls series for driving your Axioms? Ive used them for landscape speakers for a big area but not indoors yet.

They are an attractive option for price/power ratio. Curious if anone has experience with them and Axiom products. Thanks.
Posted By: casey01 Re: Crown Amplifiers - 12/02/21 08:33 PM
The issue with any power amp geared more for the pro market, is that noise levels, with high power and fans going on and off, S/N ratios don't really matter. Of course, with an HT application, one wants an amp as quiet as possible. Now, with all that in mind, I happened to see a couple of recent reviews done by two audiophile individuals who normally wouldn't review this kind of product and with no mention of S/N ratios were quite impressed with the XLS sound and "bang for the buck". So, there you are.

The problem is, nowadays, getting your hands on one of them.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Crown Amplifiers - 12/02/21 08:45 PM
Our church band uses them and have had no issues for our JBL speakers.
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Crown Amplifiers - 12/02/21 10:35 PM
Not too worried about the fan. I have a gear rack in another room anyway. I have also seen a few of those review vids. Has me curious for sure. smile
Posted By: rrlev Re: Crown Amplifiers - 12/02/21 10:39 PM
Was thinking about buying one for a while now (for tactile transducers).

It would also be interesting to see if they might be a good choice for driving mains.
In the HT I have a few options if the fan is unacceptably noisy ... but for something like the family room it could be a problem.
© Axiom Message Boards