Axiom Home Page
I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps to get my Firestick to connect. It refuses to connect.

I have two 4K Firesticks, and one 1080 Firestick in the house. Of note, which may only be coincidental, I recently moved to a different internet provider. When I migrated to the new internet provider, it came with proprietary hardware. A WiFi 6 router and two mesh units. My previous internet provider allowed third-party routers/devices. I was using a Netgear Orbi mesh system that was WiFi 5. The Orbi setup just worked, every time, with zero issues. The new system has been a bit buggy. Despite the few bugs, all my Firesticks worked well. and all showed 'excellent' connectivity. Last week, one of the 4K sticks just refused to connect. I assumed it simply decided to die on me, so I moved the second 4K stick to the same AVR and it worked fine. Then a few days later, the second 4K stick stopped working as well. Same thing - It simply will not connect to the network, despite showing great coverage. The third, 1080 Firestick still works fine.

I ordered a new 4K Max Firestick after reading on Amazon that it supposedly works better with WiFi 6 set-ups. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered similar issues as described?

I'll also note that I have tried to re-set the 4K Firesticks to "factory defaults", and that did not work. They revert to factory defualts, but still refuse to connect to my network.
Hi,
I had a similar issue. Remove your Stck from the TV or receiver. Remove the power cable from the Stick. Wait 1 minute and plug everything back.
Did that. To both.
ive been in the computer networking field for far too man year and do love Wifi for what it is, but wouldn't rely on it for anything that i consider to be more mission critical. I have two FireStick4k and a FireCube. All of them i run via cat6 ethernet as when I am watching a TV show or movie i don't want it dropping out of degrading.

Likely the issue that you are having is that the wifi is using a different WPA than what the FireStick is expecting. it might have been working fine before and then got an update from Amazon that caused the issue.
How do you run Firesticks on Ethernet? I was not aware that could be done?

I do have a LAN port on the mesh unit I could plug the device into, but am unsure how I'd do that.
https://www.amazon.ca/Amazon-Ethernet-Adapter-Fire-Devices/dp/B01LXP5TXI/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3FN4D6TBMR86G&keywords=fire+stick+ethernet+adapter&qid=1646797111&sprefix=fire+stick+eth%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-1

you get one of these with a FireCube, but I bought them for my FireSticks. they sadly are 10/100 not gigabit, but I have yet to find any media or streaming that didn't work. I have used Plex and Kodi on the 4k FireSticks with HDR and Atmos connecting to my local NAS and never had any buffering or frame dropped. NetFlix and Amazon Prime also have zero issues with the connector. I have seen some 3rd party adapters that say they are faster, but I went with the OEM as that way if there is any issue, it's Amazon who needs to figure it out.
© Axiom Message Boards