Axiom Home Page
Posted By: johnnybeegoode Wireless rear speakers in HT - 05/26/23 04:28 PM
any suggestions for implementing wireless rear speakers in a home theatre system - in my situation physically wiring the rear speakers will be real difficult. So looking for suggestions.

thanx
Posted By: Hambrabi Re: Wireless rear speakers in HT - 05/26/23 11:25 PM
This is a situation where you need to look at a packaged wireless sound bar ecosystem. The problem is latency, where there's a sync issue between video and audio. A sound bar system manages sound source and any timing issues within its walled garden.

Devialet has a fully wireless audio separate system if you have a spare $17,000 US. Klipsch has a WiSA-based 5.1 wireless speaker package, but apparently it's so buggy and poorly implemented that you'd probably ask for a refund.

The WISA organization has a site that uses their technology suite. I'd check reviews to see if you're the beta tester. Wireless is the future, but it won't be mainstream for another decade.

https://www.wisatechnologies.com/speakers
Posted By: rrlev Re: Wireless rear speakers in HT - 05/27/23 04:36 AM
What about axiom’s wireless speakers?
Since I do not use wireless speakers in a HT situation I can not speak to the latency issue. I’d call axiom and ask them if it would be a problem.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Wireless rear speakers in HT - 05/27/23 01:45 PM
I have the M3 wireless speakers in a pure listening setup, mostly for background music. I think they are one of the less impressive setups Axiom has made. The speakers are of course regular M3's and sound fine, but the overall system is flawed.

I cannot imagine getting a full wireless solution of Axiom products working in a home theatre, and working well.
Posted By: Hambrabi Re: Wireless rear speakers in HT - 05/28/23 03:16 AM
I looked up WiSA to familiarize myself with the technology. This site has the clearest explanation I've found so far, and it doesn't look as well thought out as I'd like:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/wisa-wireless-explained/

I'd wait a few product cycles before trying it. I fully expect them to mess up interoperability and consumer-friendliness the same way that USB-C, HDMI, HDMI eArc, and Bluetooth have.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Wireless rear speakers in HT - 05/28/23 04:42 AM
Originally Posted by BBIBH
… but the overall system is flawed
How so?

I have a few transformers for house audio and have a few issues with them ..
my biggest two are:
- Every so often I have to reset them because the device can’t be found.
- The user interface is non-intuitive… which causes my wife to call me in to “fix it”. 9 times out of ten it’s user error but I can’t blame her … I also find it frustrating.
© Axiom Message Boards