Axiom Home Page
Posted By: L25 wall mount M22's - 11/20/03 04:33 PM
The axiom web pages indicates these can be wall mounted. They are rear ported, so you would want a mount that keeps them a good 3" away from the wall, right? any suggestions on a good wall mount? how about:
http://www.axiomaudio.com/fullmetalbracket.html

thanks,

Jeff
Posted By: topr Re: wall mount M22's - 11/20/03 05:32 PM
I went to the Home Depot and bought 2 wrought iron plant hangers( the type that attach to the wall). I traced the the foot print of my m22's, took the template to a metal shop and he cut out 2 pieces from the template and welded them to each of the plant hangers. It puts the speakers about 17" away from the wall and it looks pretty good. I also had him weld a couple of cross peices on the plant hangers where they attach to wall for added stablity. It took him about a half hour and he charged me 20 bucks. I have less than 60 bucks in the whole project including the can of black Krylon. I would attach a picture but I don't have the skills
Posted By: spiffnme Re: wall mount M22's - 11/20/03 07:50 PM
If you email me the picture, I'll gladly post it. I'm sure many of us would like to see it.
Posted By: topr Re: wall mount M22's - 11/20/03 08:19 PM
happy to...just let me know where
Posted By: Hawkson101 Re: wall mount M22's - 11/20/03 08:27 PM
i have been looking for wall mounts, and so far the axioms are in the front

anyone know of a good website for speaker furniture-specifically wall mounts

so far the axiom's beat out in terms of price anything over at racksandstands.com which was surprising, considering they look to be well made
Posted By: snippy Re: wall mount M22's - 11/20/03 10:11 PM
I have a full metal bracket for my rear QS8. They are incredibly sturdy brackets and will easily hold up a M22. They also will have the ability to go about 3-4" from the wall. The only caveat about the FMB is that you have to drill the bracket into the speaker. This is not a problem, because Axiom tells you where to do it and it does not affect sound quality, but just be prepared to have to do it.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: wall mount M22's - 11/21/03 01:48 AM
Here are the pics...

Posted By: pmbuko Re: wall mount M22's - 11/21/03 05:13 AM
Wow! From your listening position, it must look like the speakers are floating in air. That is one very elegant mounting solution! And I don't use the word elegant very often, either.
Posted By: topr Re: wall mount M22's - 11/21/03 08:27 PM
Thanks...ya they worked out pretty well. I have since tried to find some more of those but they don't seem to be around. The fella at the metal shop said he could make the same thing from scratch for "about" 20 bucks a piece.
© Axiom Message Boards