Axiom Home Page
Posted By: iv0 Using subwoofers as speaker stands - 12/17/03 03:06 PM
I have been reading this forum for a while and learning a lot about audio and video. Thanks to all the posters. I am planning to buy a pair of M22s and VP150. I am wondering if it is a good idea to use subwoofers as speaker stands. One of the walloffame picture shows subwoofers used as speaker stands.
Posted By: Longhair Re: Using subwoofers as speaker stands - 12/17/03 03:19 PM
The only problem I can see is without rubber feet on the bottom of the cabinet that it will vibrate off the sub.:(
Posted By: Hawkson101 Re: Using subwoofers as speaker stands - 12/17/03 06:26 PM
if the sub vibrates, then the speaker will vibrate. If you can't isolate the vibration with feet i wouldnt recommend it as a stand. But, some subs dont vibrate at all, so that wont be a problem.

Also, make sure your other speaker is the same height and position as the one on the sub to ensure a good soundfield
Posted By: curtis Re: Using subwoofers as speaker stands - 12/17/03 06:36 PM
I can tell you that my VTF-3 is solid. I keep stuff on it all the time, like my laptop PC, with no problems at all.
Posted By: JimmyTango Re: Using subwoofers as speaker stands - 12/17/03 07:25 PM
Vibrations can be elimated with pads.

I think the bigger problem is the height of the subs. I think you will want something taller if placing M22's on them.
© Axiom Message Boards