Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mhorgel Universal Remotes - 12/26/03 03:33 AM
Does anybody use the Harmony SST-659 remote? This remote is programmed via the internet, and has keys with labels like "Watch a Movie", and "Listen to Music". The WAF is supposed to be unsurpassed.

I'm considering buying one of these, and was just wondering if any of you had any experience with it.

Mark
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Universal Remotes - 12/27/03 06:58 AM
I have the 768 and works great. Especially good w/ automating all the surround modes w/ the various sources. I have DirecTivo w/ a Sony SAT-T60. The 768 works fine, but could use more buttons. I am considering the 659 because it's more button centric.

You can also try www.remotecentral.com and go to the harmony forum for more details.
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Universal Remotes - 12/27/03 03:49 PM
In reply to:

You can also try www.remotecentral.com and go to the harmony forum for more details.

Been there...Done that...I just trust you guys more than those strangers over there.

Mark
Posted By: Zarak Re: Universal Remotes - 12/27/03 05:42 PM
From the little bit I just checked out on their web site, this looks like the type of remote I have been looking for. My wife doesn't like to use the HT because she doesn't want to press all of the buttons to turn everything on. I only have 2 macros I can setup currently, so that doesn't help a whole lot. If that one "Watch TV" button will turn on my TV, VCR, receiver, switch the receiver to V1 mode, the TV to channel 4 so shows play through the VCR (speakers are hooked up to the VCR, TV didn't have proper inputs), she'd be all set. Is it really as simple as it sounds? Anyone else use this remote and have a good/bad experience with it?
© Axiom Message Boards