Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Willy VP100 & M3ti's VS. VP150 & M2ti's - 12/29/03 08:28 PM
just got the VP100 & M3ti's for the center and fronts of my set up, they sound great. but now I'm wondering if switching to the VP150 & M2ti's might be a better choice. this is especially interesting since if I was to get the VP150 & M2ti's from the outlet (which I don't mind) the switch would only cost me about $35 plus return shipping of the originals. would this be worth the effort of making the switch?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: VP100 & M3ti's VS. VP150 & M2ti's - 12/29/03 09:19 PM
Do you have a subwoofer? Do you listen to music as much as HT? The M3ti's without a sub would be better for music, than the M2i's alone. If you have a subwoofer (a good one) I'd not hesitate, and make the switch. The M2i and VP150 should add clarity and detail.

-Craig

Posted By: Willy Re: VP100 & M3ti's VS. VP150 & M2ti's - 12/30/03 01:21 PM
yes I do have a subwoofer. a 6-7 yr old 10" Klipsch that I think sounds pretty good.

I do listen to music as much as HT, but I'd prefer to get the HT sounding great before music.

> I'd not hesitate, and make the switch

Thanks for that, I didn't expect such a definitive answer. I'll keep my eyes on this thread a few more days and hopefully get some other opinions, but I'm pretty sure I'll do the switch.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: VP100 & M3ti's VS. VP150 & M2ti's - 12/30/03 04:34 PM
The VP150 is by far more preferred by pretty much everyone on these boards over the VP100.

The M2i will add clarity and detail over the M3ti, at the expense of warmth and a little bass response.

So, if you've got a decent sub, the only drawback to making the switch, would be the added warmth the M3ti's will give you in music playback.

© Axiom Message Boards