Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Hawkson101 really frusterating binding posts - 01/02/04 06:31 PM
the binding posts and the m60 are really sturdy but really annoying. the gold bridge between the top binding posts and the bottom posts is making the 12 gauge cable slip whenever you tighten the post. how tight does it have to be?

really frusterated
Posted By: Haoleb Re: really frusterating binding posts - 01/02/04 07:19 PM
when you tighten them hold the thing in place. a tight connection is always good but no need to get out the socket wrench as that could damage the posts. I understand your situation with the binding straps. i took mine off and replaced them with some wire and bannana plugs.

Heres the ones i made:

Except i have the speaker cables going to the top posts and the jumpers to the bottom. so that way i have the good cable going straight to the highs, and the cheaper cable handling bass.

Posted By: MIKEY Re: really frusterating binding posts - 01/02/04 11:29 PM
Are you not placing the wire thru the hole in the binding post ? As you unscrew the upper part of the binding post, you will find a hole thru the shaft.. Place the bare wire through the hole and tighten the nut back down.. Done deal..
This will also work for pin connectors..
The area you were trying to attach the wire to is for spade use.. (And/or the bridging strap)

Posted By: JohnK Re: really frusterating binding posts - 01/02/04 11:49 PM
Hawk, as Mikey points out, it isn't clear how you're trying to make the connection. When you insert the end of the wire, as he described, the bridging strap doesn't get in the way. The connection has to be only finger-tight.
Posted By: Hawkson101 Re: really frusterating binding posts - 01/03/04 01:01 AM
i am inept
i got a flashlight and found the hole that the wire is supposed to go into
i was trying to wrap it around the wire
look at my other thread about m60 bass
© Axiom Message Boards