Axiom Home Page
Posted By: tonygeno Does the M2i tonally match the M60ti - 01/06/04 03:38 AM
I'm thinking of trying an Axiom setup and need some advice. I will run a 7 channel setup using a Lexicon MC12. I listen to music and movies using Lexicon's Logic 7 algorithm. I prefer direct radiating surrounds. In fact, I cannot accomodate the QS8 since I will need to put the side surrounds in a cabinet. I was therefore wondering how M2i's (the only Axiom bookshelf that will fit in my cabinets} will match the M60s. My room is 16 x 18 with a 10 foot ceiling and I sit 11 feet back from the fronts. My idea was to get M60's for the front, a 150 center, and 4 M2i's for sides and surrounds. Will the M60 fit into my room? One final point: the floor is bare hard wood. Walls are treated but I prefer to keep the floor au naturel.
Posted By: curtis Re: Does the M2i tonally match the M60ti - 01/06/04 05:10 AM
Tony....is it time for a change? Don't you have NHT's right now?
Posted By: tonygeno Re: Does the M2i tonally match the M60ti - 01/06/04 05:15 AM
Not sure if that answered my question, but I typically change speakers every year or so. Different flavor, etc. I start investigating at around the 10 month mark. I've got so many opinions about speakers because, unlike most folks, I've owned most of the major brands.
Posted By: curtis Re: Does the M2i tonally match the M60ti - 01/06/04 05:23 AM
sorry Tony...no offense meant.

It is a great luxery you have to change flavors that often.

That said, I believe the M2's do match the M60's.

FWIW, I love reading your opinions and one-liners on the boards!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Does the M2i tonally match the M60ti - 01/06/04 09:16 AM
Tony, above the bass area, the M2s should be an excellent match with the M60s. In fact, since I don't care for horizontal MTM configurations(I've never heard the TMMMT VP150)I've often suggested a vertical M2 as a center speaker.
Posted By: tonygeno Re: Does the M2i tonally match the M60ti - 01/06/04 01:23 PM
Thanks, guys!
Posted By: snippy Re: Does the M2i tonally match the M60ti - 01/06/04 10:46 PM
Is putting it in a cabinet your only option?

Ported speakers in cabinets do not yeild the best results.
Posted By: tonygeno Re: Does the M2i tonally match the M60ti - 01/06/04 11:51 PM
I've got bookcases on either side of the listening position and bare walls to the back, so yes, in a 7.1 system the sides will need to be in the bookcases.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Does the M2i tonally match the M60ti - 01/07/04 06:02 PM
Tony,

I'm more interested in finding out how you can afford to change speakers every year.

i'd be in debt if I purchased a brand set of speakers for my home theatre, and I have no kids, no car, no addictions, no wife, cheap rent and I work in IT so I don't exactly make minimum wage!
Posted By: Saturn Re: Does the M2i tonally match the M60ti - 01/07/04 06:26 PM
So far in the last 6 years I have flipped mine about every 8 months.

A lot if it was through trade in audiogon or canuckaudiomart. So some people have traded equipment with computer consulting by from me.
Posted By: tonygeno Re: Does the M2i tonally match the M60ti - 01/07/04 07:22 PM
Ravi:

Like Saturn said. Audiogon, ebay, etc. I usually never pay anywhere near full price for anything. When I turn them around the loss is usually small...if any. If I bought new retail, I'd not be able to do what I do.
© Axiom Message Boards