Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Saint QSS Stands - 01/11/04 10:57 PM
I'm moving into an apartment, and it has a dedicated t.v./HT room...also has nice white walls...projector lust is heavy...

Anyway, I ideally want to mount my QS-8s on the wall, but I see there's a special QSS stand for it.

What is your opinion of the quality and build of this stand? As well, technically does it work well? Is it high enough, etc?

Posted By: bcpuckett QSS Stands - 01/12/04 05:22 AM
I've got a pair of these and build quality is good (I need them portable for ease of multi-room setup). That said, my understanding is that the optimal height for these speakers when used as surrounds are 7' (as measured to the bottom of the QS8 from the floor) in traditional 8' ceiling rooms. This helps minimize localization of the surround effects that is more apt to occur when mounted on 36" stands.

So, to review, improved surround dispersion and an extra $135 towards your projector of choice--in the words of Bobby Bouchet, "not too shabby!"
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: QSS Stands - 01/12/04 03:16 PM
Saint,
from what have been discussed on these stands so far, I recall others mentioning they might be a little 'tipsy'. The other thing is that they are too short to reach optimal height for most peoples' home theatre seating location. Another forum member, Romy, had the solution to put them on 1' blocks and as you can see in the picture here and it put the speaker level at a more optimal height. I think it would really be wise of Axiom to make an height adjustable stand for the QS8 since you can't just use any old speaker stand with them. Not everyone sits with ear level at the same height, so the stands should be adjustable.

© Axiom Message Boards