Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Willy optimal stand height for m22's? - 01/12/04 07:25 PM
my new m22's should get here later this week. I have some old stands that I want to shorten (currently 36" I think) to accommodate the m22's. anyone know what that height is? axiom pairs them with 16" stands, which seems low to me?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: optimal stand height for m22's? - 01/12/04 07:28 PM
You want the tweeters to be at approximately ear level when you're seated. I found the 16" stands too low as well. I think I had mine on 24" stands.
Posted By: Willy Re: optimal stand height for m22's? - 01/12/04 07:48 PM
In reply to:

You want the tweeters to be at approximately ear level when you're seated.

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the confirmation.

I think I'll be trimming my stands down to about 24" as well.
Posted By: alan Re: optimal stand height for m22's? - 01/12/04 10:23 PM
Willy, Axiom sells 16-inch and 24-inch stands. The M22ti's are not critical re stand height. Spiff's suggestion about tweeter/ear height is fine, but I've used the M22s on stands of both heights and it simply raised or lowered the subjective soundstage.

I chose the 24-inch when I moved the M22s into my home theater system to raise them closer to the level of the TV screen. I prefer them at the 24-inch level just listening to music because the soundstage is higher up and more realistic because of that.

Regards,
Posted By: Willy Re: optimal stand height for m22's? - 01/13/04 12:28 PM
In reply to:

I chose the 24-inch when I moved the M22s into my home theater system to raise them closer to the level of the TV screen

Thanks Alan. That's exactly what I plan to do. I want it to look decent with the TV, without harming the sound. 16" would look funny to me, but somewhere around 24" would be just about perfect I think.

They should arrive in a couple of days. Once they do I'm gonna eyeball it and decide the exact height.
Posted By: Raindance Re: optimal stand height for m22's? - 01/13/04 05:42 PM
Well. I'm using my old Wharfedale Modus 8s (roughly 36 inches tall) as temporary stands for my M22tis and it's a bit high.

How the once mighty have fallen...
© Axiom Message Boards