Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sssand2 System options - 01/28/04 03:29 PM
I was wondering if anyone has a thought on the following system configurations:
Option 1:
M22Tis - main
M2is - center and surrounds

Option 2:
M3Tis - all positions

I was curious how well the M2 would match with the M22s in front. I know about the VP100 and 150, but I'd really like thoughts/comparisons of these setups thanks!
BTW these systems would be in a 14x16x8.5 carpeted room with the left wall totally opend to a great room approximately 35x20x8.5. They will be driven by an NAD T742 (60Wx2, 50Wx5).
Posted By: Ken.C Re: System options - 01/28/04 06:32 PM
The big question is, will you hae a sub?

I think the M2s will match the M22s quite well, but they won't have the perceived bass of the M3s, so if you don't have a sub...
Posted By: sssand2 Re: System options - 01/28/04 06:52 PM
Yes I will have a sub, the Rocket UFW-10, which will be used with either option.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: System options - 01/28/04 07:26 PM
Go for the M2/M22. You won't be disappointed. Just out of curiosity, why not the QS8s for surrounds? Are you planning on listening to a lot of multichannel music?
Posted By: sssand2 Re: System options - 01/28/04 08:13 PM
kcarlile,
Thanks. I have a couple of reasons for using the M2s instead of the QS8s. 1) Price ($470 for the QS8 vs $255 for the M2). 2) Since the area I'm using for the HT is essentially a 3 sided room, I'm thinking I won't get the reflection from at least 1 of the surrounds (depending on the final orientation that I have yet to determine) that di/bi/quadpoles need. 3) I have read some articles on home theater setup that suggest direct reflecting speakers with good dispersion will work as well as di/bi/quadpoles and are better for multi-channel music (should I actually do any of this). BTW have you compared the M3s and the M22s? Thanks!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: System options - 01/28/04 08:36 PM
Nope. In fact, all I've heard is the M22s. You may be able to get a better evaluation from others, but I've been around here for awhile, and my opinion reflects the general concensus. (He says, waiting to get flamed...)
© Axiom Message Boards