Axiom Home Page
I just rec my M60's, QS8, V150. I just purchased the new Denon 4802R. What a beast with all the bells and whistles. I have upgraded from the Klipsch Synergy Series surround system to what I have now. I would like to utilize the 6th rear back surroumd. Any suggestions?
Oh by the way, for my sub, I hve the Sunfire True Sub Mark IV. Now that little box rocks the house......
You are going to get a variety of differing opinions on this one. I would think it depends on how close the the rear surround you will be. If it is right behind you I would recommend a qs8 to diffuse the sound a little. If you sit a ways away from it I would think a direct firing speaker such as the m3 would be the best as it is far enough away to allow dispersion but still maintain a slight localization which is what I think the dolby labs had in mind when they added the rear channel. JMO
Thanks for that feedback, I have the QS8 on the sidewalls 15 feet apart facing each other. My sitting position is right up against the rear wall. I would be placing the rear back right above me. I actually mounted one of my Klipsch SS1 which has a front firing cone with the horns on each side. It sounded really nice on Gladiator, but I must take them down, I just sold them on Ebay. So you are saying that a 3rd QS8 would be the ideal 6th speaker for my setup...
© Axiom Message Boards