Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jeffyu254 Unmatched Service for a Small Purchase - 02/19/04 09:38 PM
As countless others have opined, I just wanted to praise Axiom for their incomparable service, as well as their incredible products.

On a limited budget, I purchased a single M2i speaker as a center channel to match with my M22ti's. After receiving them in a day in a half, I could not be happier with how seemless and wide my front soundstage is, despite my fears about dispersion and voice "cupping."

To top things off, however, I find an email today from Amie stating they received notification of my delivery, and to feel free to contact them with any questions, comments, or assistance. I would expect this level of service if I had purchased an automobile, or perhaps even a complete home theater system from Axiom. However, to purchase a $130 speaker and still feel as if my well-being was important to a company is a pleasant surpise.

Top-flight product performance, informative customer care and information, competitive pricing, prompt delivery, and follow-up service after purchasing; how much better can this company get?

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Unmatched Service for a Small Purchase - 02/19/04 09:43 PM
Once again, it's great to hear this.

Amie Rocks.
Posted By: paulu Re: Unmatched Service for a Small Purchase - 02/19/04 11:02 PM
Good to hear that the m2i is a success as a center channel. Does it sound better when oriented vertically or horizontally? Or does it matter?
Posted By: jeffyu254 Re: Unmatched Service for a Small Purchase - 02/19/04 11:59 PM
In my room, at least, I can hear no difference in all listening positions. Can't remember who I spoke to at Axiom, but when I posed the same question, he said "it's orientation won't matter, as long as it's pointing toward the central listening position." As I've only had it for a few days, I haven't spent all the time I wanted critically listening, but as of now I honestly couldn't be happier.

A friend of mine has the VP100; when he brought it over, male voices actually sounded more nasal than with the M2. the VP-100 was more efficient, however; I had to recalibrate levels to match it properly as opposed to the M2.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Unmatched Service for a Small Purchase - 02/20/04 03:48 AM
Not to rain on anybody's parade (because Amie does rock - have you seen her on the cover of the new Axiom owner's manuals?), but I think those e-mails are the electronic equivalent of form letters.
Actually... I haven't confirmed this by looking at the old ones, will do that now.
Posted By: zathras Re: Unmatched Service for a Small Purchase - 02/20/04 05:39 AM
I've also had similar great service when buying a single M22 for use as a center channel.
The VP100 didnt have nearly as many favourable reviews as the M22 so I bought that instead. I have it on the left of my tv angled inwards and don't even notice that the sound is not coming from the center of the tv screen.
Posted By: jeffyu254 Re: Unmatched Service for a Small Purchase - 02/20/04 09:49 AM
Maybe the follow-up response is canned. However, after responding to it, Amie sent the following, and I quote "You sent me home with a smile tonight, Jeff. Thanks for the kind words." Very courteous.
While I might agree that the initial email might be canned, the reply I also received from Amie obviously was not. Canned or not, what counts is that it was sent, and is a small detail that relates well to the over all customer service which continues to impress me at Axiom. I've purchased $30,000 automobiles without so much as a postcard from the saleman asking how I liked it...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Unmatched Service for a Small Purchase - 02/20/04 05:12 PM
What size TV do you have? I was going to get a pair of M2s to use as a center alongside my TV (vertical on either side), mostly for aesthetic reasons. However, if the M22 is not obtrusive...
Posted By: jeffyu254 Re: Unmatched Service for a Small Purchase - 02/20/04 06:35 PM
I have a 43" Mitsu tabletop. It's not obtrusive at all, although I think I'm going to put it on the stand in front of the TV rather than on top like I have it right now. It's height (width-horizontal) is a bit to tall sitting there all alone.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Unmatched Service for a Small Purchase - 02/21/04 02:31 AM
Hey, pmbuko. Have you heard of any drawbacks to having two vertical centers? How about two vertical VP150s?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Unmatched Service for a Small Purchase - 02/21/04 03:43 AM
Getting us mixed up again, huh? I'm the one with the long hair, he's the tall one...

Anyway, I haven't heard any drawbacks to it. I raised the question about a year ago, and Alan said it would be fine, impedance-wise. I dunno about the 150s, as they're set up for a different dispersal pattern (according to what I've read). But that would look really sweet.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Unmatched Service for a Small Purchase - 02/21/04 06:51 PM
Sorry about that mix up, it was past my bedtime.
I was thinking that dual vertical VP150s would look awesome and perhaps tie the dialogue to the screen better. In terms of timbre matching (w/ my m60s) another pair of m60s wedged against the tv would be good - and the m60s were designed to be placed vertically - and their 8ohm impedence (4ohms when wired together right?) would present less problems for the receiver. The difference in price between the two is only $50.
However, I'm guessing nobody has tried using an m60 as a vertical center. Would be an expensive experiment.
Posted By: zathras Re: Unmatched Service for a Small Purchase - 02/23/04 05:45 AM
Hi kcarlile,

I have it on the left of my 25''tv. But then my sister who knows very little of HT did complain about how it looked - so I can't say about how unobtrusive it is. Still, I'm very happy with the sound.

© Axiom Message Boards