Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Daphoid Grille's: On or Off? - 02/23/04 06:40 AM
I was just glancing through the "Wall O' Fame" here at Axiom and noticed that almost every speaker pictured in the various user setup's had the grille cover's off.

Is this a good or bad thing? Doesn't dirt and what not get in there? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Sean Murphy
Future Axiom Owner (hopefully!)
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Grille's: On or Off? - 02/23/04 04:32 PM
I just like the look better. Dust hasn't been an issue. Dogs/Children could pose a problem though. Luckily, I don't have either.
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Grille's: On or Off? - 02/23/04 04:54 PM
i think having the grills off for the pics is kinda like having your hood up at a car show...ron
Posted By: real80sman Re: Grille's: On or Off? - 02/23/04 05:39 PM
Ron, it's a good thing that Axiom's don't fall into the "All show, no go" category.
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Grille's: On or Off? - 02/23/04 07:56 PM
They sound a good deal better with the grilles off, in my opinion. I can't really tell the difference in midrange all too much, but the treble seems to be much more open and unrestricted with a little more intimacy.
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: Grille's: On or Off? - 02/23/04 07:56 PM
They sound a good deal better with the grilles off, in my opinion. I can't really tell the difference in midrange all too much, but the treble seems to be much more open and unrestricted with a little more intimacy.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Grille's: On or Off? - 02/24/04 02:16 AM
i think they look better with the grills off, along with sounding better. considerably better. Now that i look through the gallery those pics are pretty old! Here's one of my system i took yesterday, the thing that looks like medusa on top the black sub on the left is my Foreplay preamp BTW the pos sub is only used during movies when i like a lil more Boom. (because thats about all it does!)

Posted By: smoovranger Re: Grille's: On or Off? - 02/24/04 02:18 AM
My wife let me spend a grand at Axiom. She will not let me take the grille's off. Fair trade.
© Axiom Message Boards