Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ScottA Speakers - 03/05/04 01:18 PM
I am considering buying new Axiom speakers. I run a 6.1 system (110w/channel). My room is 16x16 with a cathedral ceiling that opens to a loft. I was considering the M22 for fronts, the VP 150 center and QS4's or QS8's for the three surrounds. I was also considering the EP175 sub. Would these speakers be sufficient in this room. I sit about 10 feet from the screen. I currently have a Polk RM6700. Any advise would be appreciated.
Posted By: Misfit_Toy Re: Speakers - 03/05/04 01:37 PM
Not from personal experience, but from my experience in this forum, everything you have there is a good choice, but you can also consider the M60s for fronts in place of the M22s. How tall is your ceiling?
Posted By: ScottA Re: Speakers - 03/05/04 01:53 PM
My ceiling slopes from about 10 feet in front to 18 or 20 feet in the back. They will be used for 90% HT and 10% music.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Speakers - 03/05/04 04:24 PM
ScottA,
Take a look at this recent post by LazyJ who was also considering the M22s for a relatively medium to large size room.
I think the answers there may help you out. You situations are pretty similar. Your room is a bit smaller but the ceilings are much taller.

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Speakers - 03/05/04 04:53 PM
Yeah...your roomsize is kind of in that middle ground area. M22 or M60 would both probably work well. I'd consider a beefier sub though - especially since you say this will be mostly for HT use. Check out Hsu and SVS. Both are the best in the business. I can personally vouch for both the Hsu VTF-2 and VTF-3. They're amazing.
© Axiom Message Boards