Axiom Home Page
I've doing some research on decorating/designing a theatre from the cosmetics side. Ran into this on AVSforum...very interesting theatre. Gotta see this to believe

http://gallery.avsforum.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=749

Here's a "click-friendly" link.

Jason
Very high "WoW" factor!
In my honest opinion, I hate these tacky home theaters. You should just have plain walls with some small design motif, if I walked into this room, I would say, wow, this person has terrible taste. But then again. most rich people are famous for being overly tacky.

What is the purpose for painted italian walls in a home theater?
snippy,

I know you're just sharing your opinion, but you need to relax and realize that people were not put on this earth to please you. The tone of your post reminds me of this little gem of forum history.

But to get back on topic, I would never design my home theater that way -- it's just not my style -- but I think it's impressive nonetheless.
Keep 'em coming Snippy

Remember; the diference between being crazy and being excentric is the size of your bank account.

Admittedly a lot of these high end HTs are not my taste but I've got to respect someone who can make a good living doing this.

...then again I am a sucker for black ceilings (had one in '62) especially with the stars.
Hey Snippy,

Hilarious. What was Bill Maher's line about the interior decor of Donald Trump's Manhattan apartment? Something about "embodying the design spirit of Saddam's Iraqui palaces. . ."

What would Martha Stewart say?

Of course we all have lapses. Why, I wore white socks with black shoes a couple of weeks ago!

Regards,
Glow-in-the-dark stars, right? Those are so cool.
Snippy, not sure I'd call it tacky (i didn't see any pink flamingos and shower curtains), maybe "over cooked" though.

One thing I hate about some of the theatres is the seating. Do you really want to sit in a theatre chair when you're in your own home? When you could be in a comfortable couch?
I am glad you guys get my "humor". I am not really hot and bothered, I just like to speak my mind. I know it is my opinion and not everybody shares my opinion, but I hope that there is someone else who does. And I sometimes like to cause a little debate to keep the forum interesting.

And yes, this epitomizes the ugly side of capitalism. I am sure his $30,000 speakers really do not sound 30 times better than a pair of Axioms.

That is what I find really silly.
© Axiom Message Boards