Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jbeane what to buy for fronts? - 03/10/04 09:13 PM
Ok what should i go for, a vp150 and m3ti's, or a vp100 and m22ti's? Im running a 220 sqft room, and i just dont know which setup to get. On one hand i could get a really kick butt center, cuz like 90% of dvd material comes from the center, and have some LR's that can handle some normal power. On the other hand i have a setup with all the speakers having the same amount/size drivers, kinda like a LCR setup. Ill be running the sub at 80hz so either setup should work.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: what to buy for fronts? - 03/10/04 09:19 PM
The M22s are always a good choice for that sized room. (you will also need stands). The choice for a center is personal. They are both good speakers. The VP100 is smaller and a bit less expensive. I use a VP100 in a 16x22 room and it works well. Use the following equation - space available + budget + size needed for fending off "what if" = center speaker.
Posted By: jakewash Re: what to buy for fronts? - 03/10/04 09:52 PM
If you are using the system strictly for HT then maybe the extra for the VP150 is worth it. But I wouldn't trade my M22's for anything. They are crystal clear and my CD collection has never sounded so good. The VP 100 really is a great center.
© Axiom Message Boards