Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ereed Which to get first? Surrounds or subwoofer? - 03/21/04 03:22 AM
I have purchased the M60s and the VP150 and I love them. I'm using my old mains as my current rear surrounds for the time being. They are the Polk Audio RT800 floorstanders. Should I buy the sub next or go with the QS8 surrounds first? Opinions welcome!
Count me as one vote for subwoofer.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Which to get first? Surrounds or subwoofer? - 03/21/04 03:39 AM
Well, assuming that you don't have any sub at the moment, I vote sub. Then when you can afford it add the QS8s.
I got by for along time with some old mains as my rears. I never had a sub and when I heard a system that was hacked together like mine but with a sub I knew that the sub should have been next. I cast my vote with Craig.
Alright, I guess the sub is next since I already have some rear surrounds for the moment. Hmmm...I got SVS on my mind right now.
Don't also forget Hsu.
I got my sub (SVS 20-39 PC Plus) BEFORE I got my Axioms...HUGE improvement over the subwhimper I had with the HTIB Speaker set I had previously...

The sub will add depth (literally) to the improved sound you have now...

Go subhuman.

My .02,

WhatFurrer
Just to chime in (and agree with pretty much everyone else)...
I'd recommend a good/decent sub first.
I used my old HTIB mains as surrounds until I had the money to get the QS8s, but did get a new sub when I got my center/mains.

jr
ER, on your sub decision, heres a rather detailed Hsu vs SVS shootout .
Good find John.
© Axiom Message Boards