Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Sutter Cane Products Question - 04/12/04 07:30 AM
Hello,

I've been a viewer here for a little while, but am a new member to the Axiom Forum, coming over after many high recommendations from my fellow Spotties over at HomeTheaterSpot.com.

My question is; Has anyone bought/tried/used or whatever, Axioms speaker wire, componet cables, ect.....?

I'm curious to know how good they are in comparison to such other brands like AudioQuest, Better Cables, Monster, ect.....

Thank you all for your time and input.

Sutter Cane
Posted By: JohnK Re: Products Question - 04/12/04 07:56 AM
SC, welcome. The Axiom cables are of fine quality and are certainly just as good as any of the generally higher- priced sellers you listed. However, they aren't the bargains that the Axiom speakers are, and if the budget is a consideration you can get equally good cables from places such as this .
Posted By: Ajax Re: Products Question - 04/12/04 02:42 PM
JohnK, as usual, is right on the nose.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Products Question - 04/12/04 02:52 PM
Another excellent choice is Blue Jeans Cable
Posted By: Misfit_Toy Re: Products Question - 04/12/04 03:45 PM
I have the Axiom speaker cable and am very pleased with them. They look and feel like quality for the price.
Posted By: expatbrit Re: Products Question - 04/12/04 03:58 PM
I have the Axiom bulk speaker cable as well as component video cables and sub cables which I used in-wall. I have been very happy with the quality of it all. I also use Blue Jeans cable for some of my interconnects - also good stuff but not as attractive as the Axiom cables.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Products Question - 04/12/04 04:56 PM
I checked out the Blue Jeans site - not all that much of a bargain IMO.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Products Question - 04/14/04 06:21 AM
BigWill...a 2' analog cable from Blue Jeans is $24...Axiom's is $57.

Though I guess the term "bargain" is very subjective.

Posted By: chesseroo Re: Products Question - 04/14/04 03:39 PM
The Axiom cables really are audio jewelry, but for their price, they are far nicer than alot of brand names i've seen.
The mesh wrapping is thick. The tension relief spring actually works quite nicely. The connects are VERY heavy and solid (one could probably use the 3 footer component video as a flail). The pictures really do them justice.
Sometime in the future when i have a bit of money to burn, i will finally buy an amp for the M60s as well as the upstairs Tannoys (still unpowered) and pickup Axiom interconnects for the second system. After all, it will be the "jewelry piece" of our 3 systems.

© Axiom Message Boards