Axiom Home Page
Posted By: russvols 2 Channel Receivers? - 02/22/02 01:23 AM
Just seeing if anyone out there has any suggestions for two channel receivers that I should consider? I currently have a Sony GA8 ES receiver that I am using in a two channel music/home theater system in a 27 X 14 room with a pair of M-60's. This receiver is beginning to show it's age a bit. I am looking for good sound and simplicity. From some preliminary searching the following models have caught my eye...Yamaha RX-777, HK-3470, Denon DRA-685, and the Nakamichi RE-10. From a looks standpoint the HK would match my HK-DVD50. Thanks in advance.

Posted By: BBIBH Re: 2 Channel Receivers? - 02/22/02 01:51 AM
A lot of models in the receiver world are incorporating multi channel output stages. Do you require the tuner section of the receiver? If not you could find a quality integrated, or preamp amplifier combo. If you do, then some of these manufacturers offer receivers. You can also add a tuner later if you find you need one.

You did not mention budget, but assuming under $1k, I will throw out some names in addition to the brands you have named:
NAD, Rotel, Arcam, Cambridge, Creek, Naim, Vectuer. These manufacturers all design quality midfi-hifi gear, but some do not offer receivers - only integrated and separates. All of these are solidly built, but you should check the models for power ratings that you may require.

Regards,

BBIBH
© Axiom Message Boards