Axiom Home Page
Posted By: awatts All I can say is - thank you! - 04/23/04 05:06 PM
All I can say is - thank you! I never thought I’d be able to afford speakers that sound like the Axiom M 60s I received today. Sending you $800 US for speakers that I had not auditioned was a little disconcerting, but WOW, these are incredible.

A friend, who is a real audiophile, came over to hear them this afternoon. When the music stopped, it was REALLY quite in my listening room. My friend couldn’t say a word. He was amazed. He turned and ran out to his car and screeched out of the drive.

Soon he returned with his studio reference Boston Acoustics VR-M90s and another audio buff you helped him carry them. None of us could believe it. We all agreed that the $800 US Axioms were comparable to the $2,700 US (list) Boston Acoustics. I liked the Axioms better. The Axioms had a brighter sound and the Boston speakers didn’t reproduce vocals very well. My friend thought that the Axioms were maybe a little too bright. However, he had to justify paying $1,900 US for what I admit is a nicer cabinet.

Thanks again,

Alan
Posted By: audiofan Re: All I can say is - thank you! - 04/23/04 05:14 PM
Congratulation! I am too a new owner of M60ti and I love it. I now enjoy my music every moment.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: All I can say is - thank you! - 04/23/04 05:14 PM
Axioms are "the great equalizer." Most people -- especially audiophiles -- believe you need to spend well over $1000 to get really great speakers, and they do spend that and much more.

Axioms are very affordable high-end speakers for the rest of us.

Congrats on your purchase. Next time, have a box of tissues handy and a comfortable place to lie down available in case people start crying or feeling lightheaded.
Posted By: Ajax Re: All I can say is - thank you! - 04/23/04 06:25 PM
Boy, do we love to hear stories like that. I've had my M60s for just a little over a week and, like you, I'm thrilled! Much higher quality sound reproduction than I thought I'd ever be able to afford. I'm sure there are "better" speakers out there, but they'll cost a LOT more. It feels so good to get your moneys worth, doesn't it?
Posted By: Grexx Re: All I can say is - thank you! - 04/23/04 09:26 PM
Congrats on your new purchase...I have mine for a little over a month now and I just can't stop listening to them.(M60)

Everytime I sit down to listen to some tunes; I would say to myself "Thank God I bought these speakers" and I thats a good thing because I'm a very picky person.

They are for sure the best purchase by far. Maybe except my house.

Enjoy.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: All I can say is - thank you! - 04/23/04 09:30 PM
you see, now this is the kind of post which makes 'expecting' speaker newbies, anticipate being BLOWN AWAY by the speakers once they come in.. i still have 3 weeks to wait, and its getting harder by the day. i already have two buddies from work biting at the bit for me to get them set up so they can come over and give a listen. one guy has paradigm speakers(powered by a yamaha), and the other friend has boston acoustics speakers(powered by a HUGE sony receiver).. anyway, they want to do comparisions as bad as i do.

hopefully, i will have more to say than, "thank you!" i want to say, "F'N A MAN, THESE SPEAKERS ROCK!!!"

bigjohn
Posted By: Plinko Re: All I can say is - thank you! - 04/23/04 11:10 PM
ha ha Grexx!

We just bought our first house and I'm presently debating what was the best purchase, the speakers or the house.
© Axiom Message Boards