Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Hawkson101 Moving into college room with m60s - 04/29/04 06:58 PM
I will be moving my m60s to my room for next year as soon as this semester is over. The room is 17x12 and i was wondering where the best placement of the speakers is. Is the best placement along the 17' or the 12' wall, assuming i place my couch on the wall opposite from the speakers? Also, how far apart should the speakers be?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Moving into college room with m60s - 04/29/04 07:03 PM
Experiment, experiment, experiment. There are no hard-and-fast rules.

Long time no see, btw. What have you been up to?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Moving into college room with m60s - 04/29/04 07:27 PM

Yeah, I wondered where you've been, too. I came across this GIF, that I thought you might like to use as an avatar, or for some other purpose. You might have to resize it. If you're interested, PM me your email address, and I'll send it to you. If you aren't interested, don't worry about it.

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Moving into college room with m60s - 04/29/04 07:29 PM
you are already a step ahead of the game.. when i went to college, all i had was my dads radio shack hand me down speakers, and a teac tuner/amp that had an 8-track built in.. but it did have some cool needles that were fun to watch bouncing back and forth when you were drunk.. and this HUGE volume knob about the size of a spray paint can cap. wow, that was hard to say..

bigjohn
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Moving into college room with m60s - 04/29/04 07:34 PM
So, you usually talk out loud when you're typing, then?

Must be a Texas thing.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Moving into college room with m60s - 04/29/04 07:39 PM
I think he's just using Texas Voice Recognition software. As he says the words, the keys on the keyboard light up so he knows what to press...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Moving into college room with m60s - 04/29/04 09:17 PM
That's some pretty advanced software if it can get past the accent.

Oh boy, am I going to regret starting this one...
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Moving into college room with m60s - 04/29/04 09:20 PM
I'm assuming there's a "y'all" shortcut key?
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Moving into college room with m60s - 04/29/04 09:29 PM
yes, i talk when i type.. that way, it reads the way i sound. and i know ya'll put your best 'twang' in your mind when you read my posts.. and yes, thats probably exactly how i sound.

we(texans) dont realize it until we are around a bunch of non-texans. then we realize how 'kuntry' we sound.. do you remember the first time you heard president bush give a speech?? the whole nation was tiliting its collective head, like a dog hearing a high pitched noise, and asking, "what did he say"??

and "ya'll", its the F1 key...

bigjohn
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Moving into college room with m60s - 04/29/04 09:38 PM

That's ok. I talk in my head when I type. No wonder the voices never go away...
Posted By: Hawkson101 Re: Moving into college room with m60s - 04/29/04 11:20 PM
once winter break ended, i got back into the usual school routine. Since i left my speakers at home and i have been somewhat busy, I put my HT in the back of my mind.

it turns out i am going to be buying a projector so i am getting back into the full swing of things
Posted By: pinipig523 Re: Moving into college room with m60s - 04/30/04 12:03 AM
geez... a projector too!? i thought i had it made.. =)
© Axiom Message Boards