Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Sutter Cane Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 04:17 AM
I was just curious to know if there were any happy VP100 owners?

I own the M50's, VP100, and QS4's. I purchased the VP100 off of recommendations from a few of the guys I spoke with at Axiom.

Being new to Axiom and not knowing much about their speakers, I called Axiom up, asked them some questions, and gave them my HT rooms dimensions. After providing them with all the details of my HT room, they all recommended the VP100 to me.

Now to be up front and honest, I'm not being completely fair cause I've only owned my speakers for about two weeks now, and I have still yet to hear them. Right now I'm currently without a receiver, but that problem will be solved next week.

I guess I'd just like to know if there are any happy VP100 owners, cause all you ever here about is VP150. I can't even recall how many threads and posts I've read of people recommending upgrading to the VP150.

I've learned a thing or two about these two different center channel speakers, and don't believe Alan would lie to me.

He was just one of many that recommended the VP100 to me, due to my HT rooms dimensions. He told me getting the VP150 would be unnessary because I don't need the extra disbursement that the 150 provides. He also shared some information about the two CC's that he asked me not to post on any forums, so I know for a fact that a lot of what people think they know about the two speakers, is not totally correct. If anybody is interested in learning more about that, PM me.

Anyways, as said, I'd just like to know if there are any happy VP100 owners out there?

Sutter Cane
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 04:27 AM
i think ray has the VP100, and he absolutely loves it. so he says.. its house trained, fetches the paper, and he finally got it to quit humpin' his leg last week.

rays very happy!!

bigjohn
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 04:50 AM
Sutter, i haven't heard the VP100 but i do own the VP150 and i like it very much. Small or large rooms, i think they would both suffice but based on shear size, i can understand why the VP150 has wider dispersion. I'm sure you will enjoy it immensely.

Keep the information from Alan private as he asked. It would be the courteous thing to do. The rest of us will have to promote incorrect facts until we are otherwise informed of the proper data. Teasing out the Axiom secrets is sometimes half the fun.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 05:20 AM
I own the VP 100 and have never heard the VP150. I think the 100 is great it sounds virtually like the same as my M22's and QS8's. I have a realatively small room at 12X16 with the end open for another 10ft. I sit about 12ft away and it centers the dialogue perfectly when watching movies.
Check out my pics at www3.telus.net/public/jklasher/. I think you will have no 'what ifs' once you here it. Relax Axiom doesn't sell anything that does not sound as good as any speaker they produce. No upper or lower ends as other companies do.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 05:28 AM
Jakewash:

My HT room is almost the same size as yours. It's roughly 16'X11', 15'11.5"X10'10.5" to be exact. It's got 3 solid walls, the fourth only has two doorway size opens on each end of the wall. One leading upstairs, the other leading into a small hallway, so it's as fully enclosed as you can get for a non perfect room. I'm fixin to put doors up if I can, and if all else fails, I'll hang some heavy draps up.

Sutter Cane
Posted By: Tufelhundin Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 05:44 AM
Sutter Cane,

I see you are from Kansas, but by using the word "fixin" you sure sound like you are from the deep south. I have served in the USMC for 9 yrs and my wife has been in the USAF for 5 yrs and where ever we go people always pick up on our "fixin" to do everything comments. By the way we are originaly from Louisiana.

Semper Fi
Posted By: SpockTheater Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 06:07 AM
*OT warning* Tufelhundin...from Louisiana to Italy. WOW!! quite a change there.
Posted By: Tufelhundin Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 06:10 AM
Yes it is...the wine, beer, and food I will miss. I will be back in the States in 2.5 weeks, in Little Rock, Arkansas. Like I said the wine, beer, food will be missed. The weird part is that Louisiana and Italy are shaped like a boot and I'm from N.E. Louisiana and I'm currently in Aviano, Italy....N.E. Italy. WEIRD...

Semper Fi

Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 06:17 AM
LOL, not the deep south, but I am from Oklahoma. I just happen to live in Kansas.

Sutter Cane
Posted By: player8 Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 06:29 AM
I knew a kid from Oklahoma and when he moved out to AZ we all thought it was funny that he would use that word "fixin". Although, my grandma lives out in Okie and she doesn't use that type of slang. It's probably because she's old.
Posted By: SeanF Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 12:13 PM
I got the VP100 originally because my receiver an older model and I didn't think it would support a 4 ohm speaker. That and it was part of the Epic 60 system - I had already ordered the M60Ti's.

So far, I have been very pleased with it. The sound is centred, dialogue is good, and the soundstage flows quite nicely across it and the M60's.

My only gripe - it still dribbles when it fetches the evening paper and it is constantly into the cat's litter box (haven't tried a spray bottle on it yet - will it harm the finish I wonder?).

Sean
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 01:11 PM
i had the 100 for almost a year. i had one of the last surviving $50.00 coupons to burn, and decided to purchase a new tv and dvd player that could play dvd-a's. i had no remorse with the 100, but wanted to be able to crank up the dvd-a's so i used the coupon, traded in the 100, and enjoy my epic 60 system at loud volumes when i can with the 150.
dan
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 01:26 PM
In reply to:

... The weird part is that Louisiana and Italy are shaped like a boot and I'm from N.E. Louisiana and I'm currently in Aviano, Italy....N.E. Italy. WEIRD...

Tufelhundin,

Where in N.E. Louisiana? I am a recent (5 years) transplant from Monroe, LA to Austin, TX. Not as far a jump as to Italy but it's definitely a different country compared to Monroe.

WhatFurrer

Posted By: Tufelhundin Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 01:37 PM
I was born in West Monroe, and I'm from a little town called OakRidge. I will be back there in 2.5 more weeks ..cant wait....small world!

Semper Fi
Posted By: audiofan Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 02:31 PM
I'm

what is the size of your room? mine is 12x14 and vp-100 is more than enough. I just wish that I could place vp-100 at the same level of M60 because it is an ideal placement for home theater. So, I have to put vp-100 on the shelf right above tv. At that location , it seems to me that i heard people talking upstair! But that's not a problem of speaker, it's just a problem of the location where I place vp-100. I'm still looking for best solution....
Posted By: JasonG Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 02:56 PM
I'm perfectly happy with my VP100.
Posted By: Monstermile Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 03:34 PM
I have had the VP100 for a few months now. While I am happy with it, I am still in doubt about whether I should have gone with the VP150. Funny this thread just came up because I contacted Axiom earlier about trading up.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 05:01 PM
I have the VP100. It sound great in my 12x13x8 room and for the money I spent I have zero complaints. It replaced a Paradigm Monitor CC350. I had the chance to compare them side by side, and the Axiom was much better. I suppose if I never got the chance to compare the VP100 to anything else, I might be tempted to move up to the VP150, but there's enough of a difference in price that I really have no desire to trade up.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 05:42 PM
I have the VP150 but I have heard them both and if they sound different, I missed it. Dialogue etc is fine on both regardless of volume etc. When I had them both I did db test's at various volumes and found squat for noticeable difference between the two. I honestly think the VP 100 and the VP 150 are closer to each other then some might think.
Posted By: SotaTony Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 09:17 PM
I too was steered towards the VP100 over the 150 since I bought M60's and M2's (yes, I know how wonderful the QS surrounds are, but I'm a direct-radiating rear kind of guy according to my girlfriend). I was told by the very friendly Axiom people (don't remember who) that the 100 was the best match for my system. And I am more than pleased. I can't see upgrading these speakers for MANY a moon. The electronics, however,...
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 10:30 PM
I have the VP100 and I am quite happy, other than the vague pangs of upgradeitis I always get when people talk about how good their VP150's are. I think that as long as the various listening positions are not too far off axis, the VP100 will do fine.

Why would Axiom want to talk you into a less expensive speaker unless they really thought you'd be happy with it?

Mark
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Any Happy VP100 Owners - 05/05/04 10:43 PM
As bigjohn said, I have the 100 and am completely happy with it in a 16x22 room.
© Axiom Message Boards