Axiom Home Page
Posted By: JSkip Outlaw LFM-1 Sub - 05/05/04 11:53 AM
I know I recently said I was deciding between the HSU STF-2 and STF-3, but I read some good things about the Outlaw LFM-1.

Does anyone have this one or know anything about it? I can get it direct from Outlaw for $579, so it's comparable to the STF-3, at least in price.

At the rate I am going I'll have the sub by Christmas.

Thanks, John

Posted By: Ajax Re: Outlaw LFM-1 Sub - 05/05/04 12:10 PM
I believe it was designed by HSU and licensed to Outlaw. So it is basically a HSU Sub.

Curtis, where are you when I need you?
Posted By: curtis Re: Outlaw LFM-1 Sub - 05/05/04 02:54 PM
My understanding is that Dr. Hsu designed it with Outlaw choosing the design paramenters.

My thought is, I do not think Hsu would design something better that would compete directly with their products.

Other than that, I have read good things about the Outlaw sub as well, and I think it looks nicer than the STF-3.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Outlaw LFM-1 Sub - 05/05/04 03:18 PM
Gee. You're like Aladdin's lamp. Rub the lamp and up you pop! Thank you, Curtis.
Posted By: JSkip Re: Outlaw LFM-1 Sub - 05/05/04 03:38 PM
I agree that it looks nicer than the STF-3. Now the decision....what to do?

Thanks
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Outlaw LFM-1 Sub - 05/05/04 10:52 PM
OK, I want to be clear on this point - I will NOT be rubbing Curtis anytime soon to see him pop up. The entire visual has put a dent in my evening.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Outlaw LFM-1 Sub - 05/05/04 10:55 PM
The LAMP, Ray. Rub the LAMP! Not Curtis.
Posted By: curtis Re: Outlaw LFM-1 Sub - 05/05/04 11:48 PM
Ray...and you HAVING that visual has put dent in MY evening.

I just hope the Lakers win tonight.
Posted By: Michael_A Re: Outlaw LFM-1 Sub - 05/06/04 02:13 AM
You STILL kill me, Ray...
Posted By: ericb Re: Outlaw LFM-1 Sub - 05/06/04 03:22 AM
I bought the LFM-1 about a month ago. It sounds great, especially after I calibrated it. The only other sub I have to compare it to is a Boston Acoustics 700 and the Outlaw blows it away. At normal listening volumes I don't notice the sub at all...it just blends into the room and my M22's sound like much bigger speakers. When I turn the volume up for an action flic like LOTR, it rocks the house. Couldn't be more satisfied.

I had considered the Hsu STF-3 and the SVS 25-31, but I decided to go with the Outlaw based on the reviews indicating how great it handled music (I suppose that means blending in with the speakers vs. sounding 'boomy'). I don't think you can go wrong with a Hsu or SVS, but I'm very happy with the Outlaw.

The fit and finish is superb - based on the quality I'll seriously consider additional Outlaw products.

Btw, when I got the sub there was a problem with one of the spikes (feet) - it looked as though the thread had not been bored properly so I couldn't screw it on. I sent an email to Outlaw CS and they sent a new spike and screw to me via UPS right away. Small problem, but they got back to me right away and handled the issue nicely.

© Axiom Message Boards