Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak ROTK DVD - 05/08/04 12:29 PM
As many of you likely know, the ROTK DVD comes out towards the end of the month. For those of you that don't do Netflix and rent from Blockbuster, they have a deal going on that I'm planning on taking advantage of, and thought others might be interested in. If you preorder the movie for $30, you get 7 free rentals. I believe rentals around here normally run about 4.25, so you're effectively getting the new ROTK movie for about 25 cents.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: ROTK DVD - 05/08/04 03:02 PM
Zarak,

Take note of this minor detail...The rentals that are included in this deal have decreased from 10 to 7. AND, (depending on your rental habits...I know I don't rent a DVD every week...this is what they are hoping for ), the included rentals happen on seven consecutive weeks...If you don't use them, you lose them.

I had a friend give the Shrek DVD this way a couple of years ago...it was 10 rentals then and was 10 until the beginning of this year I believe. When he bought it, they left out the seemingly minor detail about the rentals being consecutive. I was not happy...

A word to the wise...

WhatFurrer
© Axiom Message Boards