Axiom Home Page
Posted By: INANE Wall Plate Speaker Terminals - 05/10/04 04:28 AM
OK

I feel kinda stupid asking this... but I'm trying to find a white wall plate (speaker terminal), one that sits flush with spring loaded terminals not banana plugs. I could have sword I've seen em at PartsExpress in the past but I jsut can't seem to find them there now. These will be for my surround speakers, I'm trying to save money since I'm already way over budget on the remodel plus banana plugs stick out too far anyway, with these I could mount the speakers right over them.

Anyone seen em at PE or elsewhere?

Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Wall Plate Speaker Terminals - 05/10/04 02:02 PM
I seem to remember seeing them at RatShack. Check out their site.
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Wall Plate Speaker Terminals - 05/10/04 08:44 PM
or,you could just buy a cable tv plate,insert a gromet and stick the wire through and just connect your wire directly to the speaker....ron
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Wall Plate Speaker Terminals - 05/10/04 09:54 PM
If he was just running the wire straight through, and then covering it up with the speaker, woudl there really be any benefit? I mean, if the work is going to be covered up anyway, why run the risk of having extra area to cover (the entirety of the wall plate) rather than just the hole in the wall. It might make flush mounting easier too...

But, I agree, the wall-plate/gromet idea result in a nicer/cleaner finish job when the speaker isn't in place.
Posted By: GoVols1 Re: Wall Plate Speaker Terminals - 05/11/04 01:25 AM
I just installed one of these this weekend. Works great from Radio Shack:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=40-992
Posted By: INANE Re: Wall Plate Speaker Terminals - 05/11/04 03:16 AM
LOL what part of NO BANANA OR BINDING posts didn't ya read

;-)

seriuously thou, thx all for suggestions... the hole in wall idea is tempting... but i just have one of those nagging feelings if i dont put connectors on it, ya i can be anal :-/

© Axiom Message Boards