Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ksimple sony receiver - 06/04/04 06:40 AM
Just saw this model. Looks nice. Rated for 4/8 ohms. Cheaper than some. Anyone have any experience?

http://ww2.onecall.com/PID_19684.htm#FID_838
Posted By: Ken.C Re: sony receiver - 06/04/04 06:44 AM
Doesn't look half bad, but I certainly haven't used it. Seems a decent feature set.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: sony receiver - 06/04/04 07:12 AM
I'd google the model number and see if you can find its output all channels driven. I like Sony receivers. I think they have a really good sound, lots of features and flexibility.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: sony receiver - 06/04/04 02:00 PM
i have a friend that has the black-face sony receiver version right below this model. i mean one step lower in price. his sounds good, but i dont care for the way his looks. and the remote is kinda cheap feeling. but, the one you are looking at is a grade up, and looks totally different. the feature list is good, and 100watts is plenty of power.. if you like it, go with it.

bigjohn
Posted By: MrBill Re: sony receiver - 06/04/04 07:15 PM
I have had a number of Sony's and always been happy. Also, the "ES" is the top of the line for home users, so it should be a dependable/long lasting receiver. OneCall is a reliable company who often beats their own advertised prices, so this is a big plus. OTOH, I see that it does not have Dolby Pro Logic IIx, which I think is a feature that would be worth waiting for!

Good luck in your receiver search.

- Bill

© Axiom Message Boards