Axiom Home Page
Can you buy the Boston Cherry veneer for from Axiom? Not speakers, just BC veneer for speaker stands?

I needed to upgrade my speaker stands to a pair that would better match the beauty of my Boston Cherry M-22s. I thought I had found the perfect solution in the Plateau ST-23 Red Mahogany speaker stands. The color online looked almost identical to my BC M-22s: http://www.standsandmounts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1055

Well I ordered the stands and they are absolutely beautiful, unfortunately the color of the wood bases are a completely different color than the BC M-22s, and the two shades of wood look terrible when together. This is a real bummer, because I really like the stands (plus there would be a 15% re-stock charge for returns- ouch!)
Does Axiom sell the veneer to match their Boston Cherry speakers? I’m not even sure how I would apply that to the bases but that’s a moot point if I can’t buy BC veneer.

If not, does anyone know of a surface I can apply to the bases to make them look reasonably like the Boston Cherry Speakers. Contact Paper with “Boston Cherry” -like look, or something in this vein?

Thanks a ton in advance!

Josh
Your best way to find out is to call Axiom, and explain your situation just as you did here. They're nice folks, down to earth, and even if they don't sell just the veneers on a regular basis, they just might make an exception for you. They might even give you tips on what to use to adhere the vinyl to your stands. Only way to find out is to give 'em a call.
You might try Parts Express, pt.#260-014
Fripp, here's a link to the Parts Express.com vinyl, above. If you'll scroll down toward the bottom of the page, you'll find box with the heading "Check below for other products in this group." In that box they list other vinyls you might want to check, in case the cherry doesn't look like the right color.

I'm glad you brought this up Josh. Please be sure to come back and let us know the resolution on this. I am thinking of getting everything black because of this very thing.
© Axiom Message Boards