Axiom Home Page
what do you think?

http://www.totemacoustic.com/english/products/subwoofer_drum.htm

For the lazy ones of us, here

"Intense Low Frequency sounds and acoustic vibrations without the deafening sound level "

I like the deafening sound level!
I'm not sure that I would be able to feel "vibration" in the couch with the whole damn house shaking the way it does.

If a cannonball and a BB hit you at the same time, would you even notice the BB?
Hmmm......interesting.

While I consider Totem an exceptional speaker mfg'er, and several of their models among the best speakers I have ever heard....this strikes me as an odd product.
Ahh, the vibrating transducer... I was mercilessly ribbing one of the arena techs about buying one of those recently. (he made the mistake of carrying some stuff in in the empty box)

I've seen one in action (though it was a flat, whoopie cushion type thing), I think the idea is ludicrous and just a bit creepy (big audio-driven sit-on vibrator) but to each their own... if you want to jiggle your berries, more power to you.

Bren R.
BrenR,

My sentiments exactly. Perhaps Axiom should come out with a custom saddle that would strap on to our subs--or any sub, for that matter.

I'd be the last to promote Monster products, but I believe Monster is introducing a line of seven new couches that all contain audio-driven vibrating transducers.

Regards,
Sounds like something Monster would come out with.
bren-

so are you sayin i can get the same affect by sittin on my friends vibrating cell phone??

bigjohn

Umm.. no... it wouldn't vibrate with the music, or as much... vibrating cell phones use a little wee motor with an eccentric on it... usually a cylinder with have of it cut off so it unbalances it. These suckers are more like... sitting on the spin cycle with a heavy jacket in the washing machine.

Bren R.
Just bring a LOT of quarters.
This product reminds me of those vibrating Harry Potter brooms that were sold (and later recalled) for a while.

Anything that's large, cylindrical, and virates is bound to be used for purposes othat than what it was designed for.
© Axiom Message Boards