Axiom Home Page
I am not going to regret going with Axiom. I decided to get the m60's instead of the 80's. I had a hard time deciding between the two. I have a Denon 3805 pushing them with a 400 SQR foot room. I have been told to go with the 60's and 80's from Axiom so that didnt help me much. I will try the 60's for a few weeks and if I need more I will upgrade to the 80's. I got the 60's, vp150, QS8's and I also ordered the SVS PB2! My house will be shaking by the end of next week!
Congrats. You won't be disappointed, for sure!

Take some pictures when they come and share...what finish did you get?
Good old black!
Basic black goes with everything. I think you'll be satisfied with the 60s. Enjoy!
my wife has tentatively given the go ahead on black for me as well, was surprised she did not go with some sort of color as she is not a big fan of black furniture. Pretty much the same size room as you and same set of equipment to be ordered soon. Grats on the purchase. btw, how long did they tell you before the speakers ship? I have not been able to find anything that says how fast orders ship, whether stuff is in stock or they have to make it first.
If you're ordering one of the standard colors, and A-stock inventory (ie, a normal order), you'll get them within a week, and possibly within 2 days. They're very fast. I ordered custom ones, which were supposed to be done within 6 weeks, and got them in 3. The shipping they use is near instantaneous.
They said it should be about 3 days! So maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.
FWIW, I have a 400 sq ft family room with a 16 foot ceiling. I have the same setup as you, except I have a Denon 1802. Just speaking from the range on the volume dial of 18 to -60, when I have it in the -10 to -15 range, I can't hear myself think. Most people will say the M80s can play even louder. How much louder do you need?

I think you'll be happy with the M60s.

John
Man, all you guys with wives. It's always "checked with the missus", or "she ok'd it". Is it really that bad? Does she ask you for for the go-ahead on stuff? I'm young, and sans wife. You guys scare me.
I guess I forgot to put a line about "everything I say goes" in the pre-nup.

Marriage is a partership. If something I want to do/buy will affect my wife, it's just plain courtesy to check in with her first. You wouldn't want your wife to start filling every available inch of shelf space with collectible dolls without checking in with you first, would you?
you mean they have to check with you before the doll thing! 80

But yeah, not like you can just say "i am doing this whether you like it or not!" I rely on my wife to help me make decisions that are good for US =)
My wife wanted to get a Bose acoustimass system.......I sold her. Now I'm getting a real system ;-)

Pete
radspecv- ray will love you for that.. he has been trying to convince someone to sell their wives for months.

moab- i agree with everyone about the M60's. my room is probably one of the bigger(5800 total sq ft) rooms that have M60's, and i have no reservations about them. i have still yet to crank my receiver to its full capacity, simply because it becomes too much sound to listen to comfortably. with that 3805, you should have NO problems getting the most out of your 60's. not to mention, that sub will rattle some fillings loose, so make be certain you have secured all your wall hangings and valuable glass and china.

bigjohn
China??? I just sold everything I had to buy this system...:) After all my wife thinks I spent a whole $1000 on everything and that was out a lot of money for a HT system She would just have a heart attack if she new I spent a $1000 alone on the SVS sub. Hey I work hard and we dont live forever!!
be careful with that man.. that is a fine line to be walkin.. last thing you want is for wife to know the REAL cost, and she will resent the stereo evertime you turn it on..

i aint no counselor, but you are treading in the danger zone.. but, i wont tell if you wont..

bigjohn
My wife wanted to get a Bose acoustimass system.......I sold her.

Sigh. A loss, yet I guess it was unavoidable..
Moab - don't even lose a nanosecond of sleep. The M60s will knock your socks off. You'll wonder why you even worried about the M80s. Also, the 60s aren't as finicky about placement.

RAD - you ARE the man. Sold the wife AND avoided Bose. We are talking lottery winning level benefits here. Now a bit of personal input. If you feel the urge to get married again - fight it. Just find a woman you don't like and give her a house. Very tidy.
Pete, congratulations; especially if you got enough for her to pay for the Axioms.
I ended up getting enough to buy the Axioms, and SVS sub and a Denon 3805. I think I got the better end of that deal ;-)

Ray - Thanks for the advice. I'll try to remember that if I ever get the itch again.

Pete
© Axiom Message Boards