Axiom Home Page
I have been losing sleep over which speakers to get..

I recently purchased M&K 150. I have 30 days and am wondering if I made the right choice. They are pricey at 4,000.00. I recently order rocket 750s and a 200 to campare to the M&K.

I am wondering if I made the right decision. The rockets have been described as laid back and not really bright. I like the brightness of the M&K. It brings out a lot of detail that I haven't heard in a lot of speakers I have listened to in my search for speakers.

I have come across Axiom and have heard they have a bright sound that has punch. I am manly going to be using this for hometheater.

I have been losing sleep over which speakers to buy and I think I may order the axiom 80 fronts and center to see how ther sound comapred to the rockets and M&K.

Any advice or thoughts would be great
Well i for one like the Axiom sound but i don't have the 80's to help u out , the main thing is if u can try all them Brands then u should figure out which u like jus takes u a little time an maybe u will go with Rockets an save u some Money an then maybe u will go with the Axiom's an save u even more money but it all comes down to what your ears will tell you and only u will know. Someone with the 80's will bounce on here to give u a hand , also there might b people who might b in your area an u could go Demo them
Thanks for the reply...I may go with the 60s but we will see. I would love to hear from someone who has heard both.
$4000 seems like a lot of money to spend for one pair of speakers (at least on my teacher's salary ) but if you're comfortable with that and like the M&Ks then why worry about it?
OTOH, Axioms are almost universally regarded as great for HT, so if you can save some money...
Good luck.
i think 4000 dollars is the whole set set up w/sub.its a nice sounding system.i think the 80 system will hang right in there with it.never hearing axiom subs i cant comment on them.i think you will get a lot more for your money with the axioms,try them.i think you will be glad you did...ron
I have heard the M&K S150 speaker. IMO, it is a reference for mids and highs. Incredible detail.
"I have heard the M&K S150 speaker. IMO, it is a reference for mids and highs. Incredible detail. "

Thanks for the replys guys!! Crutis how do they sound complaired to the axiom or other speakers you have heard? Would you keep them? Considering I am going about 85% hometheater?

thanks steve

I'd go M60s, QS8s, VP150 and SVS PC+ 20-39, if I had it to do over again (the only change being the sub ).
© Axiom Message Boards