Axiom Home Page
As I slowly build my system witht the new Axioms and other stuff down the road, I consider the future.

Part of that will be a Move to the coast and a new house.

With a theater/litening room in mind I have the following question.

Is there an IDEAL or preffered room size for HT? obviously a full size theater is great.

But for a home is there a dimension that might be a standard or a very efficeint size for sounds and video?

Posted By: Ajax Re: Is there an IDEAL room size for theater? - 08/17/04 05:16 PM
Here are a couple of articles to start you off. Do a google search on "Home Theater Building," and/or "Home Theater Dimensions," and/or "Home Theater Rooms," etc. You'll probably find lots of stuff.

Optimum Home Theater Room Dimensions

ROOM DESIGN

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Is there an IDEAL room size for theater? - 08/17/04 07:16 PM
as long as its big enough for your TV, speakers, components, 4-6 chairs, a full bar, a popcorn machine, and a small dance floor in case the chicks decide to start dancing and take their clothes off, then you should be fine!!

bigjohn
Posted By: virtualexister Thanks JOHN - 08/17/04 09:23 PM
don't forgett the mega coffee Bar!!

If I were really hip..like a totally cool dude- ok a little wealthier

I would install an inside hot tub.
Posted By: virtualexister Thanks AJAX - 08/17/04 09:24 PM
I'll check out those sites.

Maybe I could convince the wife to simply add on to this house!!!!

he heehe
The Golden Ratio rules for room dimensions has long been refuted. See Dr. Floyd Toole's article on room dimensions and standing waves on Harman International's website. As long as you avoid a perfectly square room, you'll be ok.

re:
-------------------------
Here are a couple of articles to start you off. Do a google search on "Home Theater Building," and/or "Home Theater Dimensions," and/or "Home Theater Rooms," etc. You'll probably find lots of stuff.

© Axiom Message Boards